Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2019 XLE. Getting seat covers and want to make sure they don't get in the way in case the seat/side airbags deploy.

From my research, seat airbags that deploy from the side seams along the seat's backrest will usually a SRS tag sewed along the seams where the airbag will be deployed. The side seams are designed to tear away when the airbags deploy

EG:

W/ the RAV4, the SRS logo is printed on plastic cover's side beneath the car seat. Does anyone know where the seat air bag deploy from?

thx

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
310 Posts
I believe there are airbags in the seat. There are also airbags along the top of the doors in the handle areas.

In all of my wire tracing and trim pulling I’ve noticed airbag wiring is yellow wrapped and there are some under the seats.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Hybrid LE
30 Posts
They look good, any chance you have heated seats ? wondering if you can still feel the warmth ? thanks
I don’t have heated seats, but I think I remember seeing on the amazon reviews that people could still feel the warmth from the heated seats.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Several seat covers are designed to allow the seat airbags. I got these ones and love them so far. EKR Custom Fit Full Set Car Seat Covers for Select Toyota RAV4 Hybrid (Non XSE) 2019 2020 - Leatherette (Black/Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082PSC1W1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_2xDDFbFJYC1MX

View attachment 157423
Thanks for sharing this pic; they look great. Can you also share the pic of the backseat? Also a quick question, did putting the cover on the back seat involved removing the back seat bench? Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 Hybrid LE
30 Posts
Thanks for sharing this pic; they look great. Can you also share the pic of the backseat? Also a quick question, did putting the cover on the back seat involved removing the back seat bench? Thanks.
Well... I haven’t installed the backseat covers yet actually. But it does seem like I may have to take out the back seat based on some of the reviews. I have 2 young kids and was waiting until they grow out of their car seats before installing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well... I haven’t installed the backseat covers yet actually. But it does seem like I may have to take out the back seat based on some of the reviews. I have 2 young kids and was waiting until they grow out of their car seats before installing.
Thanks VinnieC - I have ordered the exact same set from Amazon too for $199; seems like if you select 2021 Toyota RAV4 to check if it fits, then the system tells you it does not even if the description shows 2021. I took a gamble anyway, going to see if they fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts