Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

We will be picking up our 2017 RAV4 Limited in a couple of weeks. We own two dogs. We are looking for seat covers for the front seats and some kind of cover that will fit over the entire back of our RAV4 WITH the rear seats down. We have always used blankets, but is there a better option for us?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also just purchased a 2017. Congrats! When we purchased it, we had included the rubber cargo liner. We liked it because it went all the way up the back seats and also did the 60/40 split in it.

We also have a dog, he is a large Malamute. My biggest concern was that the flat parts of the back are covered...but what about the plastic wheel wells and side interior? Before getting the RAV our dog had destroyed all of the plastic interior pcs. in our Caravan. I have been looking at this for some time now but have not pulled the trigger.

http://www.trunk-liners.com/products.html

These things are pricey, but they wrap all the way up both driver and passenger sides in the cargo area protecting everything.

Has anyone used these in the RAV yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
J-Roc,

Thanks for your reply. Where did you get this as you wrote, "we had included the rubber cargo liner"? We looked at the same Truck-Liner, but the negative for us was that it will hide the console and keep me from reaching to the back if my dogs have a kafuffle . . . which happens once in a while. I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Tell me, does that rubber cargo liner cover the entire back to include the rear seats when folded down?

Thanks,

FredSG

·
Registered
245 Posts
J-Roc,

Thanks for your reply. Where did you get this as you wrote, "we had included the rubber cargo liner"? We looked at the same Truck-Liner, but the negative for us was that it will hide the console and keep me from reaching to the back if my dogs have a kafuffle . . . which happens once in a while. I have two Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Tell me, does that rubber cargo liner cover the entire back to include the rear seats when folded down?

Thanks,

FredSG

Just did a bit of looking. Looks like it may just be a Canadian thing...?
I don't see it in the accessories section on Toyota.com but do find it at Toyota.ca

Reg price on it was $158 CAD but my sales guy included it for me.

Works great. Stays on the back of the seats when they are up...and each side folds down on the 60/40 split. So you can have one or both down.

Great point on the Trunk-Liner as it does seem that you would not be able to reach in the back with it up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello All,

Is that Canadian cargo liner only for Hybrid RAV4 models? For the Limited Hybrid models? Does anyone know?

FredSG

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Hello All,

Is that Canadian cargo liner only for Hybrid RAV4 models? For the Limited Hybrid models? Does anyone know?

FredSG
I suspect it works for either, the deck board just needs to be used in the adjusted position, I have the Weathertech cargo liner in my hybrid, it works fine.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
We are looking for seat covers for the front seats and some kind of cover that will fit over the entire back of our RAV4 WITH the rear seats down.
T4R.ORG is having their semi-annual Weathertech Group Buy right now and have already reached threshold so everyone gets 20% off shipped price. Most buyers are getting theirs for vehicles other than 4Runners, including me (2011 RAV4.) Please see here:

Weathertech Digitalfit Group Buy 4.0 - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Hello All,

We will be picking up our 2017 RAV4 Limited in a couple of weeks. We own two dogs. We are looking for seat covers for the front seats and some kind of cover that will fit over the entire back of our RAV4 WITH the rear seats down. We have always used blankets, but is there a better option for us?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
For seat covers, check out Costco, they seem to be mentioned a lot. The last cloth seats I had were in my 2006 V6 4.3, I went with Wet Okole, excellent seat covers.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/236777-seat-cover-recommendations-2016-rav-xle-ems.html#post2191657

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited and bought a Nac&Zac cover from amazon for the back seat. Covers everything and my dog is happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
This post is from @FredSG
He was having troubles trying to post here for some reason:

Hello all,

Thank you for your many posts and help,

I found two Canadian dealerships who will ship the RAV4 Cargo Mat to the USA. I have the cargo mat on order from this dealership: http://www.edmundstontoyota.com/en

The second dealership is this one: https://parts.sptoyota.com/products/pu550-42133-01

This is the You Tube link to what the cargo mat is like:

I will have mine next week, and will report back.

FredSG

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
J-Roc,

Thanks again! I couldn't post it because I haven't posted enough times on this forum. I didn't know there were restrictions like that. I don't have that requirement on my forum.

Thanks again.

FredSG

·
Registered
245 Posts
J-Roc,

Thanks again! I couldn't post it because I haven't posted enough times on this forum. I didn't know there were restrictions like that. I don't have that requirement on my forum.

Thanks again.

FredSG

Weird that you started the thread and have also replied earlier in it...
Could be a certain number of posts you need before you can add Pics,Vids, and/or Links...?
Just a thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You hit it on the head . . . you need to have so many posts in order to include links . . . hope I get to the magic # soon!

Thanks again J-Roc for all your help . . . very much appreciated!!!!
FredSG
Maine, USA

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
I emailed Sherwood Park Toyota in Alberta to inquire about the Hybrid version(part# PU550-42160-01) of the seat back cargo liner, was told it's sourced from a US dealer! The asst parts mgr suggested I contact my local dealer parts dept which I did and was told it's not listed in my region, but could be in another region, he explained that Toyota has strange regional parts availability, he has to order Prius mudguards from a Florida dealer cuz they aren't even listed in this region's data base! :confused: I checked numerous online dealer sources to no avail, so I ordered it from the Sherwood Park dealer for $150 shipped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Quickdtoo,

Good for you . . . your paying a lot less than I am for the mat . . . just for the mat I paid $168.00, and then there was shipping and tax! But, I got it done and already had it ordered before I found the dealer you ordered from.

FredSG

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
FredSG, I checked with 3 Vancouver BC dealers, the closest Canadian dealers to me, none would ship unfortunately, thanks for the Sherwood Park dealer info. :wink

·
Registered
419 Posts

We fold down one of the 2nd row seats flat / making our 2008 Limited a 3 passenger SUV.
- groceries go in the very back
- Doberman Kelly enters & exits the drivers side / behind drivers door
- her large LLBean dog bed keeps the carpet on the rear of the leather seats, from toe nail damage

Finally used shoulder harness cut off a junk golf bag / nylon straps looped into both front head rests.
- its a positive barrier, to keep her from jumping over the console / off the front seat leather, and it works wonderful...10 minute DIY project for $0.00
- all seat leather, stays unharmed from the family pet

·
Registered
2 Posts
I emailed Sherwood Park Toyota in Alberta to inquire about the Hybrid version(part# PU550-42160-01) of the seat back cargo liner, was told it's sourced from a US dealer! The asst parts mgr suggested I contact my local dealer parts dept which I did and was told it's not listed in my region, but could be in another region, he explained that Toyota has strange regional parts availability, he has to order Prius mudguards from a Florida dealer cuz they aren't even listed in this region's data base! :confused: I checked numerous online dealer sources to no avail, so I ordered it from the Sherwood Park dealer for $150 shipped.
does it work on the Hybrid? With the tilt in the cargo area? I also own a 2016 Rav 4 Hybrid Limited.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts