Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove to the gas station today. My wife had driven it last so I pushed my seat setting and nothing happened. I adjusted the seat a little then pushed her setting and again nothing. Seat settings have disappeared. The battery has not been disconnected or run down (radio presets are all intact.) I suppose I'll chalk it up to an anomaly unless someone has an explanation. I did not consult the manual so if there's something in there about this, go ahead and embarrass me by pointing it out! :wink

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any chance that you had already pulled the transmission out of "park" when you attempted the memory seat position recall?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any chance that you had already pulled the transmission out of "park" when you attempted the memory seat position recall?
Probably a very good chance! Does it only work in park? Does it say that in the manual I didn't read too carefully?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nah - for me, this was just a "discovery" on my part - push the my memory setting, the seat begins to move, I drop the gear selector into reverse, and zzzztt. Seat no movey no more. Safety precaution, no doubt. What the manual DOES say is you that you only have a certain window of time to get your "recall" accomplished... "Recorded seat positions can be activated up to 180 seconds after the driver's door is opened and another 60 seconds after it has closed again." (page 140). Giddyup.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
From the manual:

Recall procedure

Check that the shift lever is in P.
Turn the power switch to ON mode.
Press one of the buttons for
the driving position you want
to recall until the buzzer
sounds.

·
Registered
218 Posts
That's right - if you move the lever out of Park before the seat has finished moving, it stops. Since I'm the only driver, I use both seat positions. I've setup memory #2 to move the seat backwards all the way making it easier to get in and out of the car. As soon as I get back in I hit #1 and wait until it fully moves back to my normal driving position before I move the shift lever.

·
Registered
59 Posts
More or less serious than the short person who hits the memory button for the tall dude, and subsequently finds himself unable to reach the brake pedal? Thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts