Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving a month-old Limited Hybrid and while it's great in many ways, the seat warmers are a disappointment. At full force, the seat is barely lukewarm. Dealership service says they have not heard of this problem before in RAV4s, only in Highlanders. I have an upcoming appointment for them to look at it. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and found a solution through Toyota. Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
6,678 Posts
A common problem reported for the heated/ventilated seats, unlike regular heated seats that get plenty hot for most owners.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm driving a month-old Limited Hybrid and while it's great in many ways, the seat warmers are a disappointment. At full force, the seat is barely lukewarm. Dealership service says they have not heard of this problem before in RAV4s, only in Highlanders. I have an upcoming appointment for them to look at it. Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue and found a solution through Toyota. Thanks for your help!
I'd be interested in what they end up finding out. I have a n adventure model with heating and cooled seats and was going to bring it up to them for my first service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am sitting at the dealer waiting for a solution for the same seat heating (not heating...) issue on brand new Hybrid Rav4.
I will post if they ever find a solution, but it is not looking good. They are in communication with Toyota Canada technical support...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am sitting at the dealer waiting for a solution for the same seat heating (not heating...) issue on brand new Hybrid Rav4.
I will post if they ever find a solution, but it is not looking good. They are in communication with Toyota Canada technical support...
Here is the explanation that I received from the my dealer repair manager, who researched the issue. In the 2019 RAV 4 which has both a heating and cooling system, the heating element was changed from the 2018 model. So the 2019 RAV4 has a different heating element. And, as you know, it doesn't get very warm at all. I've been told that if enough owners document this problem, it will eventually be addressed by a service announcement from Toyota. So feel free to share this information with your dealer. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you hear something different, please feel free to share with me. I had given on the issue and resigned myself to lukewarm seat warmers. And Happy American Thanksgiving. :))

·
Premium Member
6,678 Posts
Here is the explanation that I received from the my dealer repair manager, who researched the issue. In the 2019 RAV 4 which has both a heating and cooling system, the heating element was changed from the 2018 model. So the 2019 RAV4 has a different heating element. And, as you know, it doesn't get very warm at all. I've been told that if enough owners document this problem, it will eventually be addressed by a service announcement from Toyota. So feel free to share this information with your dealer. Good luck.
The only seat heating problem reported so far for 5th gen are the ventilated heated seats which the 4th gen(2018) didn't have, the 5th gen non-ventilated seats get just as hot as the 4th gen heated seats did having owned both myself. And FYI the 5th gen seats aren't cooled, just ventilated, there's a difference, ventilated seats only have fans, cooled seats have cooling coils and fans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
After very very long discussions with technical support in Toronto, and a lot of testing (proper voltage and amp. are getting to the pads), my dealer was authorized to order 4 new heating pads (2 per seat) and proceed with replacement. They say it is, at least, a full day job.
I'll post the results when the job is done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I assume the weak heating is partly the result of how the heated/cooled seats are built. I would love to be wrong and there be a way to make the heat more effective!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was not able to get information regarding the new heat pads that are being sent by Toyota. Will they be installed differently, are they more powerful?
I will learn more when my dealer gets them and proceeds with the replacement. This 'repair' is very expensive for Toyota (4 new pads and 1 day of delicate work), so I am assuming they are confident it will work.
I'll post the results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts