Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Safety Recall G0F (Interim G1F) - Interim Notice 2006 - 2012 Model Year RAV4 2012 - 2014 Model Year RAV4 EV Rear Outboard Seatbelts
Status
Remedy Not Available
Description
The subject vehicles are equipped with lap-shoulder seatbelts in both second-row outboard seats. There is a possibility that, in the event of a very severe frontal crash, the lap belt webbing could contact a portion of the metal seat cushion frame, become cut, and separate. If this occurs, the seat belt may not properly restrain the occupant, which could increase the risk of injury.
Remedy
Toyota is currently preparing the remedy parts for this condition and will provide additional information as it becomes available.
For answers to frequently asked questions, please click here.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Yep - I just checked with the Toyota Owners site and that recall has been added to the one for possible windshield wiper linkage problems, both with no remedy currently available and with recall notices to be sent when remedies become available (if ever). Toyota is covering its you-know-what concerning the feds after the gigantic monetary penalty assessed regarding the floor mat vs. accelerator pedal situation levied because Toyota allegedly failed to notify the feds and owners in a timely manner. Because of the feds and lawyers Toyota owners' lives are becoming seemingly endless one waiting in dealerships for service departments to complete recall remedies.

·
Registered
487 Posts
New Recall

Saw this in today's paper:

Over 1M Toyotas recalled over seat belts
Toyota Motor Corp. said it's recalling 1.12 million SUVs because their seat belts can be cut by the metal seat-cushion frames. The second-row seat belts in the 2006-14 RAV4 and the 2012-14 RAV4 electric models can come undone in a severe frontal crash, failing to restrain the occupants, Toyota said Wednesday. RAV4 owners will be notified by mail, Toyota said. Dealers will install resin covers for the metal seat frames at no cost to the consumer.

I wonder how they discovered this problem?

Tom

·
Registered
641 Posts
The Rav4 will have the most recalls ever on any previous vehicles I've owned . . . Toyota's reputation of solid reliability and engineering seemed a bit oversold! I guess that was the good old days?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The Rav4 will have the most recalls ever on any previous vehicles I've owned . . . Toyota's reputation of solid reliability and engineering seemed a bit oversold! I guess that was the good old days?:shrug:
One of the things mentioned in the existing thread for this recall is how the lawyers have gone crazy making recalls for things that probably wouldn't have been announced previously.

Check it out...

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Looks like we have three threads about the same issue. Maybe the mods can consolidate them into one thread. I posted this comment on another, earlier thread:

Yep - I just checked with the Toyota Owners site and that recall has been added to the one for possible windshield wiper linkage problems, both with no remedy currently available and with recall notices to be sent when remedies become available (if ever). Toyota is covering its you-know-what concerning the feds after the gigantic monetary penalty assessed regarding the floor mat vs. accelerator pedal situation levied because Toyota allegedly failed to notify the feds and owners in a timely manner. Because of the feds and lawyers Toyota owners' lives are becoming seemingly endless one waiting in dealerships for service departments to complete recall remedies.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thank you Toyota for continuing to examine every microscopic detail of our vehicle's construction to try to find the most implausible chance of a performance or safety compromising issue!

Tom

·
Registered
129 Posts
anyone have pictures of the seat frame? i rad that they will apply epoxy/fiberglass to the edge area so the belt cannot be cut as a fix. so they'll have to pull the seat cover and foam to do this rigtht?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts