Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the original idea was to go with a Remus Racing single right side exhaust system, cut the tip off and buy two matching tips to add a left side funtional pipe. ( Remus doesn't sell just a matching tip for their exhaust) As it turns out, Remus has discontinued the exhaust system for the 4 door Rav4, but they still have it for the 2 door... which kinda screwed me. So I ended up getting a Sebring system and adding the left side functional exhaust pipe as planned, only Sebring does make matching separate tips for their exhausts so I didn't have to buck off the original, and I only had to buy 1 new tip instead of 2 $savings$

So now the dual exhaust is fully functional and combined with the direct cold air intake..... I gotta say..... she sounds sweeeeeeeet!

I put a couple of rear end pics of the new exhaust in my personal album (if anyone is interested in seeing how it looks). Right now, I'm going for a drive! Peace

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mensajero said:
Love to see it, post some shoots. How is the power?
There are 3 pics in my album, just click on the little "album" tab at the bottom of my post. As for power gains, it's probably a question of about 2-5 Hp, nothing major.... the cold air intake was already done, so most of the power gain was already there to begin with. Don't forget, this exhaust is made to be street legal and pass inspection here, and there is also the matter of the catalitic converter. Without going to an illegal system (here in Switzerland they're very strict) a performance exhaust doesn't give you mega Hp. Sounds great though, and ther is a slight difference in boost, but like I said, it's far from snapping your head back! lol, that would be nice though!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All in all it's about a 700 US$ price tag (installed)...... but don't forget, I'm in Switzerland and everything here is twice the price! I've had a chance to drive a bit and I'm thinking there's more kick to it then I originaly thought, when I did the exhaust on my Mercedes (Remus Racing), it took about 6 months for it to be broken in properly, soundwise and powerwise. So I'll just have to wait and see if there are any changes in the near future!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts