Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have RAV4 2007 limited v6 the engine work normally and the doors open and close normally but the security led light is always off not work if the key in or out and when I close the door is security led light is off no security .
how to solve this problem

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
What country are you located in?.

If you are in the USA, I believe that 2007 was the first year that the RAV4 Limited was equipped with an immobilizer. Canadian models had the immobilizer installed in all trim levels several years before that. My thoughts are that perhaps some early model Limited's were not equipped with the immobilizer ( once again assuming you are in the US).

Have you had this vehicle since it was new? Has the light ever worked in the past? Have you confirmed that your key is an immobilizer key?

Have you had a remote starter installed?

Have a look at this post to verify you have an immobilizer key.

Does your valet key look like the one in the picture, or does it have a plain metal head?

Perhaps the security light is just burnt out. You really need to try starting the engine with a plain metal key (without the RFID chip) and see if it will still start.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I mean the security light is off every time not work if the key in or out this my problem the key is start engine normally and larm close and open normally how to rest the security system to blinking led light again
RAV4 2007 limited v6 USA
Can you help me

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
I see you are posting from Libya. Was your RAV4 imported from the US or Canada? It appears that the immobilizer has been defeated. Sometimes this is done to install an alarm system or remote starter system. Your key does have an immobilizer chip inside. The previous owner could have defeated the immobilizer by taping or gluing an immobilizer chip inside the steering column housing near the ignition cylinder. This would cause it to "see" the chip regardless of what key is used, and the security light would never flash.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually removed the plastic housing from below the steering wheel before there is not any an immobilizer chip taped or glued inside.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You almost certainly have an immobilizer installed in your RAV4.

Either the light is burnt out, or you have a chip hidden in the steering colum, which is like leaving a key in the car at all times.

So you answered a few questions I asked, but answering the remaining questions could provide some clues.

Have you had this vehicle since it was new? Has the light ever worked in the past?

Perhaps the security light is just burnt out. You really need to try starting the engine with a plain metal key (without the RFID chip) and see if it will still start.
To prove if the light is burnt out, you need to try starting the engine with a key that doesn't have the chip embedded in it. You could try wrapping the head of the key in tin foil and see if the engine starts, but that doesn't always block the signal 100%. If you can get a duplicate key made (just a plain metal key) inexpensively, that would be the best test.

If the engine still starts, then you have a chip hidden near the steering column. If the engine doesn't start, then your immobilizer is working and the bulb is just burnt out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was used another key without chip inside and engine started normally
And I don't see any chip hidden near the steering column
When I used Techstream problems I see this pic
Soory I asked a lot of equations

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried whith another key without RFID chip inside in pic the engine started normally.

and I remove the plastic housing from below the steering wheel and see there is not any an immobilizer chip taped or glued inside.
How to fix or rest immobilizer?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I tried whith another key without RFID chip inside in pic the engine started normally.
Great, a few more questions have been answered, but these questions still remain.:egad:
Have you had this vehicle since it was new? Has the light ever worked in the past?
According to Techstream many additional systems are also showing an unknown state. With so many other systems showing a problem I am wondering what ECU's might have been changed in the past. Maybe you know or don't know (depends on your answer to the remaining questions).

Are you having problems with any of these other systems?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ECU's I haven't been change it .but I don't know if it changed in the last owner.
I don't have problems whith other systems anlles
I have cheek engine because p0430 catalyst

1 - 19 of 19 Posts