Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for a new car alarm. My old one is acting weird. It will randomly disarm itself on occasion and sometimes will the alarm will go off for about a second while I am driving, then proceed to unlock my doors with the characteristic double chirp. Needless to say, this is quite unnerving, knowing that my car may unlock itself and potentially get stolen. I'm wondering if the receiver is messed up and is glitching and responding to random radio signals (like the neighbor's garage door remote).

I shopped around and found a full featured system at Circuit City for $500 that includes remote start (very nice for frigid winters) and a 2-way communication system. It includes a LCD remote that displays the car status and all. Pretty neat. I believe it is a Python brand system.

I really don't know much about which security system is the best, but a working one is better than none at all! I was planning on buying a header and other exhaust parts to complete my exhaust, but what good is that if my car get stolen?! So, any input you folks may have will be much appreciated.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah I am looking to ditch the factory alarm as well. Just have not found one that I like the features/price of. Let me know what you find Pancake!

P.S. sorry to hear about your ride Man! Maybe they can build it Better, Stronger, Faster and then you will have the Bionic RAV. Or the Six Million Dollar Rav, whichever you preferr! :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts