Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 2012 Rav4 V6, FWD, All Options except Nav which I didn't want. Ordered it and have babied it since. 66,000 miles, just serviced oil and filter with Mobil 1 full synthetic which I do every 4-5K miles. Has a trailer hitch that has been used one time to tow my motorcycle. Excellent condition. Check out the window sticker for a list of options. What do you think it's worth? I have been checking the internet and there are few if any 2012 Sport V6 vehicles available. Last year of the V6 with tow package. The spare tire has never been used and is mounted on a full size rim like the other rims on the car. Thanks in advance. Car in located in the OC California.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quick check at KBB says around $15k perhaps a little more depending on the condition.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Value

Thanks, I checked Kelly BB myself and NADA which puts it at $18,200. Big difference and I don't really understand why. On line ads for a 2012 V6, not even a Sport model, were for about $17.5 to $20K. I can only assume region, options, and condition make a huge difference in resale value. In any event, if anyone is interested before I put on Craigslist etc., shoot me message.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well if the condition is excellent then it would be worth more than what I found as I rated it as very good and I am in Indiana. Vehicles sell for less here than in Cali.

·
Super Moderator
11,112 Posts
Find every online resource you can concerning private seller pricing and write them down. Be BRUTAL with yourself about the actual condition. After finding multiple suggestions for your exact model & mileage average them. Then go look for dealer prices on a similar RAV in your area. Somewhere between private seller average in your neck of the woods and dealer selling price should provide you with a starting point.

It may be worth paying a professional detailer to bring it up to snuff for a higher selling price. I detailed for a living and spending $300 can bring the selling price up $500-$750 in many instances. Looks means everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts