Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process to remove the front bumper cover (cracked it this winter getting out of my driveway) We have the most Interesting winter up here in Canada.. I added a photo of the sensor that is just dangling.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
My guess is the outside air temperature sensor.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this relevant to the engine or radiator functionality or only for the outside embiant temperature?

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Just the dash gauge most likely. Disconnect it and find out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I was afraid it was the airbag sensor that was loose and bouncing all over the place.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Ok, I was afraid it was the airbag sensor that was loose and bouncing all over the place.

I don't think air bags use a remote trigger any more. With the advent of cheap and highly accurate/sensitive accelerometer chips, they are all self-contained nowadays.

·
Super Moderator
10,133 Posts
Anything SRS related has yellow cable housings.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think air bags use a remote trigger any more. With the advent of cheap and highly accurate/sensitive accelerometer chips, they are all self-contained nowadays.
Which I noticed when replacing the two front wheel bearing, they are perhaps controlled by the abs sensor? A suddent drastic deceleration woukd trigger the airbag? If so, I notice now when I reach 110 kmh (kanadian miles)
The abs and 4wd and the skid light Indicator turn itself on, and to later go off.. And when this happens i have lost the cruise control. Do you think those wheel sensor have a relation with the accelerometer?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Which I noticed when replacing the two front wheel bearing, they are perhaps controlled by the abs sensor? A suddent drastic deceleration woukd trigger the airbag? If so, I notice now when I reach 110 kmh (kanadian miles)
The abs and 4wd and the skid light Indicator turn itself on, and to later go off.. And when this happens i have lost the cruise control. Do you think those wheel sensor have a relation with the accelerometer?

The air bag assembly contains an integral dedicated accelerometer. If it were attached to the ABS system I would expect to get an air bag malfunction warning light whenever there is an ABS fault and that is not the case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The air bag assembly contains an integral dedicated accelerometer. If it were attached to the ABS system I would expect to get an air bag malfunction warning light whenever there is an ABS fault and that is not the case.
No you are right, when the issue arrise, I get a C1 414 LH wheel sensor. I was not able to pinpoint this code though.
And as long I don't drive over 110kmh I do think have that issue, And like you mention, the airbag has no code. Well at least I know I won't have an air bag deployed in my face while driving over a puddle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts