Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...the problem is that although the car is generally in a good condition, it has 230 000 on the clock!
Is this neccesarily a problem?

Thanks
Pieter

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Uhhhh... I think it's more like 11 years :?

IMHO.... if the PRICE is right... I might do it. But the price would have to be LOW enough to justify the possible cost of replacing the engine, transmission, shocks and anything else that's worn out :roll:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is it 230K miles or km? If km, that's about 142K miles which is about 13K miles a year, so probably not that unreasonable.

Becky

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought 1996 was the first year the Rav4 was built? Anyway, I am currently having major problems with my 96 Rav4, and it only has 144,000 miles. I would not recommend buying it with that many miles on it unless you had all the service history and could base your decision on what hasn't been done to it yet.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi pieter.

Former our Avensis D4D, Rav4 and VWGolf GTi, we've got a CARINA 2.0 Diesel (1995 model)

Friend, we retired this car las year, well I should say we gave this car to my brother, with almost 300.000 km in 10 years. Most of them run on traffic jams. Do you know how many problems this car had in 10 years ??

NO problems at all. Believe me friend, no problems at all and most of these km run on very hard conditions.

That was the reason why we consider about get another Toyota. So , if this Rav is i a good condition...go fot it !!

regards.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1985 Rav 4

I have a 1999 Rav4 and have had no major problems with it. I have over 200,000 miles on it. Brought it to Rota Spain with me and loved driving it through the country side with the roof open. Drove it through streets that a normal car would not fit. Someone actually offered to buy it for $10,000 but we love the car because it can be packed full of stuff and have room for the dog in the back seat. I would buy another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts