Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serviced all three last week, went pretty easy. used Valvoline Synthetic 75w-90 in the t case and rear diff, and after seeing a fair number of positive reviews, I decided to use the Valvoline Maxlife atf in the tranny. I just did a drain and refill, drove about 300miles, then did another drain and refill. Would you guys recommend doing it one more time to be sure I have as much of the old stuff out as possible? Seems to shift a bit firmer if anything now. Torque converter clutch lock up and disengagement definately seems a bit more noticeable now. I cut a hole in the plastic belly pan under the drain plug, but after still making a mess the first time around, I removed teh pan the second drain and refill. Now all I have left is to do is front brakes and rear tires. Previous owner apparently did not believe in rotating tires and and monitoring tire pressure. When I bought it, it had two fairly new Fuzion touring tires on the front (9/32), and Toyo's on the back (7/32) which are worn worse on the outer edges than the in the center. I'm gonna try to find two used matching Fuzions with the same tread depth if possible. LR tire is cupping along the inner edge, so may need to get the alignment checked once I put a brand new set on. Will keep an eye on tire wear for now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi afoulk,
I hope you also did MAF, Throttle body and PCV valve clean ups, I recently did those in combination of trany, tcase and rear fluid changes and noticed around 10 to 15% increase in highway mileage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts