Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18 Rav4, is there a way that I can set the AUTO button? It will automatically go to A/C and I have to turn it off everytime. I checked the manual and can't seem to find a way to set the AUTO button the way I like it.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Why would you want to? It turns off and on the A/C on its own, it is a pretty smart system. Just because the light is on doesn't mean the A/C is on and the compressor is running, it just has it in standby mode for when it is needed. That is how every other vehicle works including my truck and brothers Altima. The light is on by A/C isn't running unless it is needed. Push it, set the temp and forget about it.

Tyler

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
See Vehicle Customization in the owner's manual, there was a setting on my '16 to turn it off on the head unit, default is on, it's called "A/C Auto switch operation" in the manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See Vehicle Customization in the owner's manual, there was a setting on my '16 to turn it off on the head unit, default is on, it's called "A/C Auto switch operation" in the manual.
I will look this evening and see if I can find it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Why would you want to? It turns off and on the A/C on its own, it is a pretty smart system. Just because the light is on doesn't mean the A/C is on and the compressor is running, it just has it in standby mode for when it is needed. That is how every other vehicle works including my truck and brothers Altima. The light is on by A/C isn't running unless it is needed. Push it, set the temp and forget about it.

Tyler
I'm not sure this is true. I had 20 degrees outside the other day. The AC light is on, but obviously the system is generating heat. Stopped at a light, I manually turned off the AC. You could feel the engine idle change. A bit less vibration and a few less RPMs. When I turned the AC back on, sure enough, a little vibration increase and a few more RPM. The absolute true test would be to open the hood and check the compressor clutch, and I didn't do that. But, you could feel the engine react to switching the AC off and on, so I think the compressor is running even when generating heat on a cold day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I need to look into the customizing aspect further on my kid's '18 also - either thru the dash menu or with Techstream. Her unit starts in recirculate every time and we'd prefer that the default be fresh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts