Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Here's mine but I will change it when I get a cooler one. :lol:

Fresh powder. Took a ride on a back road one morning and got this shot.

Later. M. :)

S

·
0 Posts
Heres one in the album, first real snow we've had in a while, badly rutted farm, access road. The Rav worked great!!!

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty quick replies to this thread! Glad you guys so excited to share. Marcutio, I love the snow on the tires! That's what my car is missing. Maybe next time I'll fake it and just pile a bunch on there to make it look like yours.

Any more photos y'all?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
garfieldgurl said:
Hey zoomie! Where were you when you took that pic? I don't think my car will ever see the snow :p
Cardomain site says it's from Boreal...pretty close to the Bay Area compared with the other resorts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I miss a place to put my picturefiles on the internet.. I think I'll have to get a place soon..

this is my car before I put on a skiguard 850 (see www.skiguard.no ) and before I put on a new set of alloy and winter tires(the picture show the car with the oem summer tires which was on it when it was new)

here is a picture of the skiguard on an rav4(picture showing a skiguard 850, which is the same i have, but i have a black one)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that one beat's 'em all! Awesome. I wish I could see my rav4 like that...even if it's just temporary. Did you have a hard time driving out with that thing? Looks like the windshield may have been covered too. Almost looks like a white rav4!

This thread's pretty cool. Can't wait to see what other crazy pics you guys throw out here. Be safe this winter season y'all.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Kinda cool you like this stuff Zoomie. To us its just another Monday but I guess it is pretty cool if you get the right shot. I'll try harder next time but I'm usually running out to the truck to get it started so the stuff melts away. A picture is the last thing I think of as my parts start freezing to my leg at 30 bellow freezing. You know.

Later. M.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Here's one from last year.

The poor RAV couldn't even make it out of the driveway. Just bottomed out 2 feet into the street.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I think 2003 we had a lot of snow but not this year. This and most years the guys out East have all the fun.
In my pick it was just really cold and not that much snow. .I’ve gone over 2 feet of snow but the RAV with good snow tires could take it no prob. Except when you floor it, there is so much resistance that 150 hp seems like only 90. I posted back in 03 that I my Rav had a V6 with at least 200hp.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
nouse4aname: cool! snow almost covered the entire rim! Sweet! Looking cool with the snow all over the top of the car. For some reason I get a kick out of snow covered rav4's. Fetish I think. Glad some of you are enjoy the photos too!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Zoomie I luv the snow and it's one of the my criteria in buying the RAV.
With a set of good snows this vehicle is really built for it not to mention how fun snow is to drive in. Mud, dirt and sand are too but i prefer snow because its easier on the car.

The only thing that sucks is with the salt we deal with. So many vehicles in this time of year are covered in a grey powder coat. :eek:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
zoomie said:
nouse4aname: cool! snow almost covered the entire rim! Sweet! Looking cool with the snow all over the top of the car. For some reason I get a kick out of snow covered RAV4's. Fetish I think. Glad some of you are enjoy the photos too!
On the other side it was completely covered.

Snow was just too dense for the rav to plow through. Had to get picked up at the end of the street by my father-in-law's F-150 heh.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ah, the F-150 to the rescue. The first thing that made me step back and look twice when I moved to the States. A great truck if a little under powered!

·
Registered
83 Posts
ian g said:
A great truck if a little under powered!
Underpowered not that one pictured is not its a ford lightning 396+hp. I know i have one 12 sec quarter at 100 mph :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts