Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 xle and I want to switch the antenna to a 2016 shark fin style. Does anyone know if it’s plug and play?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, but you might want to reconsider. My 2013 Venza had the whip antenna and receiving distant FM stations was much better than my 2017 RAV4.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don't have an answer for you, but you might want to reconsider. My 2013 Venza had the whip antenna and receiving distant FM stations was much better than my 2017 RAV4.
I'm thinking of this upgrade myself. And I don't usually have a need to pull in distant FM stations, so don't think I'd miss that. Added plus being that I won't have to worry about the whip antenna getting ripped off if I drive through a car wash.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I’m not going to use some aftermarket Knock off for this. I will be ordering the factory one

·
Registered
72 Posts
I ordered one off of Amazon. I have not installed it yet, but did do an experiment by running the stock antenna without the whip. I get all of our local and satellite (does it work through this antenna also?) stations fine. I'll eventually get up there to see how this sharkfin replacement will work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had mine replaced with a Beat Sonic Shark Fin antenna - Metallic Gray. Easy install and so far I had no issue with the radio signal. Rav4 XLE 2015

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I had mine replaced with a Beat Sonic Shark Fin antenna - Metallic Gray. Easy install and so far I had no issue with the radio signal. Rav4 XLE 2015
Ditto but a different color for my ‘shark fin’ - silver mettallic. Satelite, AM/FM and HD work very good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts