Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brand new 2017 xle has a very small scratch on rear passenger side bumper.
So i parked my car then another red car parked next to me and she parked real close to me that i can barely get out. I didnt think too much of it then went out to get food, went home then noticed a scratch where paint came off my brand new 1 week old car. I dove back hoping that red corolla that probably hit me is still there, and it was. I inspected her car and saw my electric storm blue paint on her rear part near the tire and passenger door. I called police and we waited for her for about an hour, she wouldnt admit fault. Police took a report. Im going to call my insurance tmr, what else should i do? Do i have enough evidence to get her to pay for it? I am 100% sure she nicked my car, the scrape is very small but its my brand new car. Grrrrrahhhh * venting*

·
Registered
87 Posts
Did they take pictures? Showing her paint on your car or your paint on her car?

Sorry that happened to you. I just lost my entire RAV4 2007 Limited in a rollover accident. :-( Caused by an idiot that ran and then wrecked again and got out and ran. Hug up your RAV for me. They are one tough car. We walked away from ugly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Denise, they did take pictures as did I. My paint on her car doesnt really show the color in pictures. But in real life, the paint from my car is unmistakable, thats why i called the police for visual evidence from them. I will hug the rav for you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What did the police say? You might want to think about whether you really want to get your insurance involved for something that small. Particularly after a deductible. It will be a claim on your record if they don't collect from the other party, which they might not, if the other party continues to deny. It may not be worth their while to pursue. They may just pay it and consider it a chargeable on your record. You won't know the difference until you have another claim and find out there are two on your record with them. Insurance companies can be very cagey that way.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
The police will surely take your side and insurance will ask for a police report for which you will be reimbursed.
Same thing happened to my wife's car. Bus's tirerubbed against her white car, leaving a scratch and a big black rubber mark on the fender.
Bus driver says he's not sure it's him!!!! It was pretty obvious to the police officer who inspected.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
The killer question to be asked by the lady's insurance adjuster is, "How do I know that the blue vehicle did not graze the red corolla as he backed out?"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The damage is to my rear driver bumper and where she left the mark is her door tire area. I wouldnt be able to hit her in that area while backing up.

·
Registered
8,536 Posts
Did they take pictures? Showing her paint on your car or your paint on her car?

Sorry that happened to you. I just lost my entire RAV4 2007 Limited in a rollover accident. :-( Caused by an idiot that ran and then wrecked again and got out and ran. Hug up your RAV for me. They are one tough car. We walked away from ugly.

Sorry that your RAV was totaled. Good to hear that no one was hurt, thanks to the RAV's safety build. Did the police track down the person who apparently caused the crash?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts