Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 Hybrid LE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any instructions or any links in regard to removing the shelf that is above the glove box? I am wanting to paint it red to somewhat copy the interior of the Adventure/TRD. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,508 Posts
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any instructions or any links in regard to removing the shelf that is above the glove box? I am wanting to paint it red to somewhat copy the interior of the Adventure/TRD. Any help is appreciated!
Buried in this HUGE thread are instructions for removing and replacing the passenger side storage tray to install the tray with ambient lights: Storage tray lights

It is virtually impossible; I tried and could not do it.

Suggestion: the rubber mat at the bottom of the tray is easily removable and can be bought separately; different colors for different trims: LE and XLE trims are black, Limited is brown, etc. Just replace the rubber mat and be done with it. Same for driver's side tray.

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 Hybrid LE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buried in this HUGE thread are instructions for removing and replacing the passenger side storage tray to install the tray with ambient lights: Storage tray lights

It is virtually impossible; I tried and could not do it.

Suggestion: the rubber mat at the bottom of the tray is easily removable and can be bought separately; different colors for different trims: LE and XLE trims are black, Limited is brown, etc. Just replace the rubber mat and be done with it. Same for driver's side tray.
Thanks for the link to the thread. Definitely seems to be quite the process! Maybe when I have a bunch of free time someday I will give it a try, and if I cant get it then ill probably just put in the rubber mats. Did the centre tray and the around the outside of the cup holders and I'm really happy with it. (night time in the picture, looks even better in the daylight)
Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium Hybrid
1,508 Posts
Thanks for the link to the thread. Definitely seems to be quite the process! Maybe when I have a bunch of free time someday I will give it a try, and if I cant get it then ill probably just put in the rubber mats. Did the centre tray and the around the outside of the cup holders and I'm really happy with it. (night time in the picture, looks even better in the daylight)
View attachment 183292
That looks awesome! I like it.

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 Hybrid LE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does that include the shelf over the glove box? If so, please share how you did it. How did you see the screws at the top behind the dash?
No, unfortunately I left the top part in because I knew there were screws on top holding it in. The bottoms were mainly what I was after so I didn't think going after the top was going to be worth the extra effort. Really happy with the results though and would say it was just barely worth the effort. Thankfully getting them back in was easier than taking them out.
Gear shift Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part
Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle
Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive design Steering part
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Personal luxury car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts