Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a 99 2x2 Rav4 L with no mods. All original equipment. Just wondering if anyone call help me where to find a shift knob and boot that will fit. I've been having a hard time finding an exact fit. Please advice.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums eahrayo! :D

Do you have a 5-speed or Auto?

This is what I have done with my Auto. shifter. The shift boot is from a BMW 3-series. The shifter is a push down aftermarket type that I got from eBay. I'll probably be going back to OEM though, the aftermarket type auto-shift knobs are not very reliable. The set-screws that hold it in place always comes loose and screws up the shifting. :x

Anyways, if you need any help with this please let me know.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a 5spd. Thanks for the info. If you don't mind me asking how did you manage to place the boot under the plastic cover. I hate to be asking but I'm a novice and like to tackle as many projects if they are easy enough. Also, what would be a good place to find and oe shifter?

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Looks like an 5-speed, but actually it really is an automatic. :lol:

The auto gear knob was replaced with an aftermarket push-down type.
To put on the boot, all you have to do is pry up on the plastic surround; and it comes right off. Not too sure on a manual shifter though.

As for locating an OE shifter knob, try eBay or an online Toyota parts seller. Probably cheaper than buying from the dealer. :D

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank again for the info.

By the way, you mods look awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts