Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody replace their shift knobs yet? I've been looking around and most of them are for manual transmission only. They're screw-in type thingies so I'm thinking it will work but I'm not sure what size to get. 12mm seems common, does the RAV have 12 mm shift levers? (I can't find my calipers...the dog probably ate it :wink: )

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Sport did come with a leather shift knob. I was thinking of replacing it with carbon fiber. I managed to measure the shift lever and it's ~7-8mm so 12mm won't work :( . Oh well, thanks anyway for those who responded.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
sports do not come with leather knobs. Only the Limiteds..

rob4.3 said:
My Sport did come with a leather shift knob. I was thinking of replacing it with carbon fiber. I managed to measure the shift lever and it's ~7-8mm so 12mm won't work :( . Oh well, thanks anyway for those who responded.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flyingn said:
sports do not come with leather knobs. Only the Limiteds..
Huh... mine is leather...I think!?! Silver material on the top which continues down to one side and then some sort of leather material all around. Could this have been a fluke?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
rob4.3 said:
RAVMAN said:
Time to post up a picture in your ALBUM :?
DONE.
Definitely looks like the LEATHER one to me 8) Of course flyingn and myself are referring to the US market. Exactly where is "SD CA" ? I'm assumming San Diego California :D Guess you got a bonus Rob :thumbs_up:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wohoo! :D A gift from Toyota! :shock: Now I'm feeling lucky, I think I'm going to buy a lottery ticket today. Either that or I may find something else that got passed quality control. It could also be that the dealer swapped it out... so there maybe some poor soul out here driving a limited with a plastic-wrapped knob :(

So as it turns out my shift knob is one of a kind... leather on a Sport. Now, I'm reconsidering my initial plan of replacing it ... but will still be on the lookout for cooler looking knobs.

Yes, I'm in San Diego (SD).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I must say, the most disappointing thing for my RAV4 Limited was the shiftknob. I've seen leather shiftknobs before, I expected something like some of Honda and Acura's. A leather shiftknob with some stitchings showing.

First impression I had when I saw mine was: :? this isn't leather... then I checked the "leather" behind the metalic part of the shiftknob and it FELT somewhat like leather but didn't look like it.

Overall just very disappointed. I may try to switch it for a REAL leather wrapped shift knob when I find one, or a CF one would be nice too.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I too was also dissapointed to see that my sport knob wasnt leather, nor the steering wheel. I tried swapping with the 06 tacoma leather knob but didnt suit my taste so the search goes on...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts