Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I read other post buts no one was similar to the series of problems on my Rav4 2002 second generation.
1-In February 2015, the right Brake light was not working. The shift lever was not moving from PARK too, unless I pushed the override button.
I changed the reAr bulb but still nothing. I changed the fuse but it kept blowing, whenever I push the brake pedal. However both the tail lights, were working with the headlights.
2- In september 2015, All the brake lights don't work, the head lights don't work too. However the tails light work and headlights' full beam work by pulsing.
I change the rear bulb again, and something odd happen: The tail lights don't work, the head lights work for 20 seconds then stop.
Now:
- Brake lights don't work (fuse keep blowing)
- Headlights don't work
- Shift lever don't move
Please do someone know how to fix those ?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Check your brake light switch above the brake pedal. The brake light switch (sometimes called the Stop Light switch) may also control the shift interlock that allows you to shift out of Park. Some cars use separate switches, but they are right next to each other above the brake pedal.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,925 Posts
Thanks, How can I CHECK this brake light switch ?
Well, first you need to get down there and give it a visual inspection. Have somebody else push the pedal and make sure it's being activated. Some cars have a little rubber or plastic plug that contacts the switch plunger. That plug can deteriorate and fall off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts