Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware of other threads on here with an annoying rattle\squeaking coming from the shifter centre console section.
I have tried to add foam to mine to stop it and I've only done it tonight so yet to see if its solved it, but does anyone have any advice on where the squeaking is coming from?
I foamed up heavily the plastic light tunnel thing that directs light onto the PRNDL plastic piece, but just reassembling it, and moving with my hand i suspect it will still be there.
I have added some pics with numbers 1-5 and highlighted where i put foam, so we can try to get to the bottom of this as a group and potentially help others sort of a "guide"
anyway, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So all that didn’t stop it all. So I attacked it again tonight, I removed piece by piece until I had nothing left and was driving. It seems the whole upper piece with PRNDL etc. might be the cause as I had only it on during one test and still squeak. So when I got home I went nuts on the foam tape and even some thin electrical tape. Put it back together (the black light tunnel piece underneath now clips in super tight with no plastic to plastic (or very little) contact). I also put strips on the upper piece where it touches the lower side panels... we’ll see tomorrow if it’s any different.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

I found that it may be the 'movable part' that moves with the shifter itself, I found, when I'd put pressure on that part, the rattling went away, I've not had the time to take mine apart like you did, but hopefully that is the only source of the rattle

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, mine still squeaks, and i suspect it might be the plastic that houses the sliding cover up against the upper silver part.
I havnt had time to get back in there and re-try....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I’m having the exact same issue in my late 2019 new model also. Been back to the dealer twice for fixing now still the same high pitch annoying “chirp” type. I notice when my knee bumps it while driving it also makes the noise.
Im surprised this common fault has found its way to the next generation Rav.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts