Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 TOYOTA RAV4 (SXA11R-AWMGKQ) Is the model of my car (4wd 5 Door Australian RHD 5spd Manual)

Basically the car intially lost all even Gears and got to the point where it is stuck in 5th, I know its nothing to do with the clutch, and likely something to do with shifter linkages/ cables. This is where my question starts. Is there any sort of Manual/Diagram/Post that will help me change this (just to save me going in blind), I also have seen that there are two types of cables but have also noted as long as I get the shifter aswell it should fit. Has anyone had this problem etc etc. any help appreciated

·
Registered
1998 4dr - Manual AWD
324 Posts
Losing 2nd, 4th, and Reverse is a common issue caused by worn shifter cables, but I haven’t heard of it getting stuck in fifth. Could be that both cables failed instead of just the one.

There is a repair that can be done because otherwise the cables cost hundreds. Search the forum and you’ll find it (unless you can find them on Amazon - hard to find but i got some cables for 70$)

Also to clarify there are two cables that attach to the shifter.

For all the information you could ever want, look at Elle_Rav4’s post in this thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.