Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Own a new 2015 RAV4 AWD with about 3500 miles on it. We've noticed when we shift to Rear our radio sporadically changes. Sometimes it turns on from being off. Sometimes it will switch the mode i.e. Bluetooth to FM/AM.

This happens sporadically. Some days never, some days it can happen every time we shift. We were wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows of a fix. We are due for our first service and were planning on bringing it up; however, any additional we can bring would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,756 Posts
So, if I understand you correctly, when you shift your transmission into REVERSE, it affects your radio? Shifting into reverse turns on your backup lights--maybe the backup light wire is crossed with one of the radio wires. In any event, your 2015 should still be under warranty--take it to the dealership and get them to fix it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hello,

Own a new 2015 RAV4 AWD with about 3500 miles on it. We've noticed when we shift to Rear our radio sporadically changes. Sometimes it turns on from being off. Sometimes it will switch the mode i.e. Bluetooth to FM/AM.

This happens sporadically. Some days never, some days it can happen every time we shift. We were wondering if anyone has had a similar issue or knows of a fix. We are due for our first service and were planning on bringing it up; however, any additional we can bring would be helpful.

Thanks!
The wire that is the problem here is the wire that is reserved to tell your back up camera system, that you are now in reverse, as JuneBug Mentioned, something is crossed there, you must have recently had some repair work done.

Backtrack.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes I apologize. Rear = Reverse. iPhone corrected R to Rear.

The vehicle has yet to see a shop. We are due for our first 5000mi service so I will mention it then. However, when I was making a tight turn today I happened to press the mode button switching the audio. I'm guessing maybe, just maybe my big hands hit the mode button occasionally as I'm used that hand position pre-back up camera days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts