Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to change out my shocks and struts. can anyone recommend what to get. after doing a little research kyb,monroe and gabriel are not that great and the ride was rough. also people had to replace them after a year on the rav4. now bilstein i heard was really good and lasted a long time and the ride was nice. what are some suggestion about this. thanks for you help.

·
Super Moderator
10,144 Posts
You haven't listed what year your RAV4 is but as far as shocks go IMO all "supposedly better" shocks are stiffer than stock. That's why when the right front strut failed on my '06 Limited I instead replaced it with a "cheap" "replacement quality" one off eBay. Worked great and the car rides just fine.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Since your profile shows you have a 2011 Sport the ones I would consider are: Toyota, KYB or Bilstein. Bilstein makes only the rear shocks and I heard some say they don't last. KYB would be less stiffer than the Sport shocks/struts but one of my struts on my 05 was bad out of the box. The Toyota struts/shocks would be the longest lasting and would allow you to choose the ride you want from a Base/Ltd or Sport model. If I was choosing it would be the Toyota brand.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes sorry i have a 2011 . I replaced the Toyota struts 2 times already didn't last long. I am looking for something thats going to last a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts