Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm getting ready to make the leap and purchase a "nused" Rav4, a 2014 XLE in Magnetic Gray with only 21k on it. Hoping to get to take it for a test drive this week. Have already test driven a 2013 with 36k on it and it was rode hard and put away wet, hoping this one fares much better.

I'm getting the Rav4 because my beloved 2004 Tacoma double cab was totaled by hurricane Irma dropping a massive tree limb on it (and I was already thinking I'd like a smaller SUV for my next vehicle). I had been on the Tacoma World forum and found it to be a great resource, so am hoping to find a similar community here.

Looking forward to comparing notes and getting tips!

-kAt.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm about 10 days new to the forum and RAV ownership. So far this is a great online community. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That is sharp looking. Mine is also Magnetic Gray. I like your wheels even better than mine. Maybe your local credit union would make you a 30 day loan or something so you aren't stuck waiting too long. Good luck.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And my check has been sent, so should be here in the next couple of days. ;-)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the check in the mail today and didn't walk, I RAN to the dealer! Got it this afternoon and ran some errands in it. Got on the highway to see how it felt. Everything is great...I'm still super impressed how new it drives, feels, smells, etc. Only signs of wear and tear I can find is some schmutz on the headlight stalk, radio knobs, and seatbelt buckle. Came with original floor mats and what appears to be the entire set of original manuals.

Now I really need to get an organizer for the "trunk" area...and a mat...I work at a horse stable in the mornings and always have my muck boots to put back there...don't wanna mess up this pretty thing!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Weathertech makes a very good one plus some blocks you can set to keep things from rolling around. Mine should arrive Tuesday.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the photos didn't attach to that prior message...

[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
WeatherTech rules.

I had to save a bit of money so I just flipped the cargo mat over but it's not the same as the 'Tech. The cargo blocks mentioned are very good for restraining different sized and shaped things. Amazing stick to the bottom surface.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I'm going the budget route for now outfitting the Rav4. I picked up three of those modular foam floor mats from Five Below for $3 each. Cutting them to fit the cargo area. They will protect and keep stuff from mostly sliding around...just won't help much for liquids, but I don't carry much of those anyway. I also picked up a set of rubber floor mats from Wal-Mart for $29. They fit pretty well for "universal" size...just had to cut off one corner of the front where the dead pedal is. Will post pics soon!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts