Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am currently in the process of shopping for a new '17 RAV4. I currently drive an '04 Camry and it is TIME to upgrade!

I physically went to one dealership so far to test drive and look at the RAV4. I wanted a white/black XLE but they only had it in LE.

So I continued the search and started communicating with a online sales manager at another dealership via text and he let me know that they will be getting a white/black XLE in a couple of days!

My question is, this is my first car I am buying on my own... (sorry for sounding newbish) is this a good deal he's offering me or can I get a little more out of him?

MSRP 28,084

He gave me 22,581

I would be trading in my Camry and the other dealership gave me a 2k trade allowance.

Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
$22,581 before or after trade allowance? If after, that's a fair deal, comparable to what I got my wife's '15 for.
If before the trade, that's a smokin' deal!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I assume that he is giving you the Toyota $2500 rebate as part of the discount. $22,880 is with no trade-in is the truecar.com average pricing, but average means that a certain fraction of the buyers are getting it for less. Since you know what you want you should call around to dealers within 100 miles of where you live cars.com is a good resource for searching and seeing who has what. In FL the inventory might be picked over for hurricane replacement cars. Once you find the car then you start the phone calls and emails.

Also you can dicker with a dealer by asking for add-ons like mud flaps, door edge guards, etc. often times dealers will also offer to extend the drive train warranty out to 10 years or 120,000 miles in order to get your business.

Dealers can get cars from other dealers which may be what your dealer is up to. When I bought mine they were willing to ship cars in from up to 500 miles away.

One key is the loan. Check where you do your banking and see what you can get. My credit union is offering 1.99% to decent credit and 1.5% for excellent credit.

PS Ask where the car was during the recent hurricane.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
$22,880 is with no trade-in is the truecar.com average pricing
For a "stripped" XLE, but adding the Convenience Package (Entune app suite/Nav, and Power liftgate, Truecar goes up to $25k.
That's an MSRP 29,982... I can't seem to assemble one (in white) at 28,084.

Either way, Truecar is running about $4k off of MSRP, so if the quoted MSRP of $28.084 is not fudged, then Truecar would be around $24k for that model.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello and welcome...I'm a newbie too! Just took delivery of my gray/black '14 XLE yesterday...and got it after my '04 Tacoma got totaled by Irma throwing a tree limb at it! Loving my new ride and the difference from an '04 is night and day...heck, my Tacoma still had a cassette deck...and now I have Entune!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I seldom buy from a dealer but I have a few rules, that put $$ in your pocket.
Son purchasing a brand new 2015 Lexus RX350...48 months at 3.99%.

a) vehicle price discount is strongly negotiated, assuming cash purchase (using personal Line of Credit) or Toyota financing
b) we don't Lease
c) 48 month payment terms only /
- 60-72-84 month payment terms mean - vehicle model isn't affordable
d) No trade in, to mess up the #'s
^^ Son & I negotiated 13.3% off MRSP, on a high end vehicle.

I estimated son had approx. $3,000 trade-in value that this Dad chose to detail & flip for him.
- ended up getting $7,700 on his Nissan, taking 7 weeks to sell privately
- Son had enough extra cash to get new winter tires on OEM Lexus rims free (new take-offs) and he handed me $2,500 cash, for all the valuable Help...applied it to the Gen3 T4R, I was buying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello everyone! Thank you for the replies.

I reached out to another dealership and they told me pretty much the same thing almost as the other one... MSRP $28533 Their price $22511.

I was able to get more finer details since the other dealership didn't get back to me about some stuff (powerlift gate and the entune app). So this RAV4 does not include the entune app but has the power liftgate. They include mats and has Free Lifetime Powertrain Warranty as well.

Is the entune app important to have on the XLE or will I be fine?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you go to this page and click on interior

https://www.toyota.com/rav4/features/options/4430/4440/4444

It says the standard equipment is: "Entune™ Audio — includes Entune™ Multimedia Bundle21 (6.1-in. touch-screen display, AM/FM CD player, MP3/WMA playback capability, six speakers, auxiliary audio jack, USB 2.0 port40 with iPod®41 connectivity and control, advanced voice recognition,28 hands-free phone capability, phone book access and music streaming44 via Bluetooth®36 wireless technology) with integrated backup camera display54 display with projected path static gridlines"

The short form operators manual shows an image of my radio with the following title "etune audio plus with connected navigation app (XLE)" In the 2017 Rav4 Navigation System owners manual it callse it Etunes audio plus.

I got my Rav4 XLE hybrid about a month ago and have not figured out what the connected navigation app means or if it exists on my car.

I can pair my android phone or my wife's Iphone to the system but it is set up to be more friendly with an iphone. I can also load a ton of music onto a usb stick, plug it into the usb port and use the touch screen interface to select songs or to select numbers from my phone to call. On my Android I have to pull out my phone to select music or deal with navigation. When I do navigation on my android I have to have selected bluetooth audio for the voice to come through the speakers.

Folks on this board complain that the etunes navigation app is wonky.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Personally, I disliked Entune enough to spend $1100 to replace it with a Pioneer.

What it did well, I never used. What I use, it doesn't do well. Voice recognition is atrocious and ends up being more frustrating and distracted than simply having the ability to tap in a destination.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts