Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
201 - 220 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
kerriallen, ..do you have info as well (aside from brand/model of wheels/tires)... on what each (wheel/tire) weighs?

..might do this too on another 4.4 coming soon... :)
(but if those are BBS, ..might not be within my budget) :)

thanks much.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have one other 4th gen coming soon.
and i've always wanted wider tread tires..(i like how wide tires look)

but on second thought as i've mentioned before, i'd like #%@!-proof as possible, so i will be going (tire 2256517 altimax rt43) and OEM 2015 XLE alloy again.

if you want that too i can give you the part number.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i grabbed a copy last night, ..wanting to look closer into the wheel..
kerriallen, if it's not ok, please advise so i can remove from this post (and my pc). thanks.

No problem showing my wheels. They are Axis wheels and the tires are General Grabber UHP. I also tow my trailer with an ATV and the weight has still never made anything ever rub.

·
Registered
210 Posts
looks good.

sorry i wasn't able to get that clearance measurement, have been so busy.
i'll still get it though.

you should be ok with that 35 offset..

enjoy.

·
Registered
899 Posts
@prechierav

Update on my wheels i already installed black rhino overland 17x8 35 offset and just use my stock tire michelin 225/65 coz it still has a lot of thread on it.. but im planning to go 245/65 soon hope there will be no issues on it..
245 will be a bit much. Your spare will be much too small if you need to use it. The added tire diameter will kill your acceleration. I would go 235 instead. It's like meeting in the middle. Bigger than stock, but not too big.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your tires look great! Can you please post your wheel specs and year of your car? I’m looking for a more aggressive tread from the stock tires but am having trouble finding tires that fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
All Terrain Tires for 2018 Adventure

I am interested in optimizing my RAV for the back country. It has not been easy to do this, which is weird considering it is called the Adventure. I guess Toyota’s idea of adventure does not involve leaving the highway.

The stock wheels are 235/55R18 which is an oddball apparently. I have spoken with the dealer, combed the Internet and visited three local tire centers. None of them could find an “all terrain” tire in this size.

One recommendation was to change to a 17” which opens up a lot of options. My concern is that the stability, traction and torque control systems will be affected. Also I would need to re-mount the pressure monitors in the new wheels. If anyone has experience with these things I would appreciate any suggestions you may have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 RAV4 LE.....I just bought some 2011 Lexus IS 250 wheels 18x8.5 as an upgrade. I fear I have made a big mistake.....thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have a 2018 RAV4 LE.....I just bought some 2011 Lexus IS 250 wheels 18x8.5 as an upgrade. I fear I have made a big mistake.....thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks.
It still depends on other things, e.g. offset, and dimensions of the tire to be used.
I think the OEM 18 inchers on the RAV are 7.5 wide, so you're half inch (8.5-7.5)/2 closer , going inwards.
If you take that back with an offset of half inch going out, then you won't be hitting anything "inside".
OEM offset on the 18" is i think 45... so if your Lexus wheel offset is 45-12, (= 33), you might be ok.
I say "might" because i can't say that for sure,... i'm not a Tire Rack employee or wheels dealer or anything.

Mount the wheel on the hub so you can see for sure.

201 - 220 of 472 Posts