Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
clare said:
I knew Kelly was male but Kelly if possible please can you post a photo to let us see what the RAV4 genius looks like!!!!
clare
Ha... you know... some people just don't photograph well :roll:

What I'd like to see is EVERYONE upload a pic of themselves to their "Personal Album". :D

OK... YOU'RE next :!: :D

PS - My hats on backwards because I just exited from exploring the "Oregon Caves" :roll:

S

·
0 Posts
wow...handsome guy.....
have always had a thing for nicely trimmed facial hair :roll:
if i can figure out how to upload i'll put up a picture of me and the audiogeek...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Digging up this old thread because after a long, busy summer of not being able to spend as much time taking care of the Rav as I would've liked, I FINALLY spent an entire day (no, really, an ENTIRE day) doing just that. She's now been washed, waxed, and cleaned within an inch of her life and is ready for winter. She is absolutely beautiful and gleaming.

So, I had Ricky take some pics of me with my Rav today. If we have time I'll drag him down to Pets (the park where we took the autumn pics last year) again tomorrow and take a few better ones...I was having a bad hair day due to wind. :lol:

The new pics are in my album, hope everyone likes them!

Becky

·
Registered
875 Posts
Becky's got a sweet looking TRD shirt! I'm loving it. Never seen it before. Looks pretty cool. And those shoes.....wheels, tires look good too. I like the white writing in there. looks more aggressive. what tire type do you hav? BF Goodrich?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I picked up the TRD shirt at my dealer the last time I was in for an oil change. It's actually for their NASCAR truck series but I figured what the heck.

The tires are Bridgestone Dueler Revo A/Ts, 235/70 16 since they don't come in 235/60. Really nice tires, and no problems with rubbing or anything. Ricky loves that sharpening tool in PhotoShop, that's why the lettering on the tires is unreadable! :roll: I was looking at some BFG's but the Revos were rated higher so I went with them.

Becky

·
Registered
214 Posts
Becky J. said:
The new pics are in my album, hope everyone likes them!
Hi Becky,

I know you're married and all that, and I don't know you outside of this forum so PLEASE don't take this the wrong way as there is NOTHING weird intended. I wasn't going to say anything at all, but my mind uttered this comment and I thought it was funny enough (in context) to share.

The first thing I thought when I opened your album was "damn, Becky's a babe!" only then it struck my mind that "the RAV4's pretty too, but I'll be those tires aren't stock"... I guess you had to be there, but it's kind of a shock sometimes to realize that not everyone hovering on the Internet is the stereotypical "pocket protector" level geek. Not that I'm insulting your level of geekism or anything (as I said, don't know you). I am simply pointing out that Ricky must be a lucky one. Pretty woman who loves her car and the Internet. That's a rarity indeed. :)

[edit : I finally found probably the only picture of myself. Lousy picture, but it's all I've got. Shows the negative effects of working for yourself from the computer room in your house. (Weight gain)]

Wayne

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I wish i had a pic of myself with my baby, but i haven't had the time to wash it lately and it looks pretty dirty, specially with the small amount of rain plus the dust from where i work, you can imagine what it looks like now :? , and to think that the vynil of the spare tire is not black anymore :oops: . So i've posted an old pic of me in the album, and hopefully i can upgrade it and take cool pics like Becky's :D. Your car looks sweet! :) .

·
Registered
214 Posts
garfieldgurl said:
I wish i had a pic of myself with my baby, but i haven't had the time to wash it lately and it looks pretty dirty, specially with the small amount of rain plus the dust from where i work, you can imagine what it looks like now :? , and to think that the vynil of the spare tire is not black anymore :oops: . So i've posted an old pic of me in the album, and hopefully i can upgrade it and take cool pics like Becky's :D. Your car looks sweet! :) .
Hi,

Cool pictures as well. I stand corrected about the number of babes in Internet land. Oh, yeah! Happy Halloween! I understand about "sucky camera", but having lost camera setup in a divorce, all I can say is "yours is better than what I've got".. :)

Real question though about your side vents. Do you have any trouble with them at all? I was going to get side vents for my 2005, but got scammed on e-bay then others here had talked me out of it. Are they the stick on kind, or the "in channel" type?

Wayne

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Since i've put them up, which was almost as soon as i bought my car, i haven't had any problems with them. They're the stick-on kind and i bought them from ebay. The only problem that you may have if you decide to get them is that when you wash the windows, you have to roll them down a bit to wash the top part. What i really love about them is that when it rains, i don't get water inside and for summer, i always leave them a bit open to keep the car cooler, and no one would know 8) .

·
Registered
214 Posts
Kelly,

Yours is probably the cleanest, most well-kept 4.1 I've seen in a long time, though around here that's probably going to be a hard judgment to make. I like the fog lamp addition. It's what I'd have done had my 4.2 not come with them.

Wayne

·
Registered
422 Posts
Thanks very much Wayne and Miriam for your nice comments! :D Not to worry, Wayne, my level of internet paranoia is very low, and I'll always accept compliments! :wink: Ricky and I are both computer geeks, he's a computer tech and I'm a secretary with a transcription/secretarial business at home on the side. Oh, and he's got a 4Runner (used to have a Rav of course) that he loves as much as I love my Rav.

I agree with Miriam about the vent visors, they're a really nice thing to have. Mine are also the stick on ones. I think I got them from Brandsport (sponsor of this site), but it might've been Performance Products. Brandsport has better prices and of course they support this site, so if they've got them I'd suggest getting them there.

Kelly, Yours is probably the cleanest, most well-kept 4.1 I've seen in a long time
Mine used to give Kelly's a run for its money! :wink: I should probably put up a few pics of my original baby in my album.

Speaking of which, Ricky and I did go to the park and he took some much more scenic pics for me on Saturday. I was having a better hair day too. :lol: So, there's four nice new pics if anyone would like to have a look at the Rav with the Wisconsin fall colors!

Becky

·
Registered
423 Posts
at last I have managed to upload my photos to my Album. They where taken on Christmas day. One is me with my Mum and Dad, the other is with my best mate Gill ( the blond). My Dad is a Rav4 World member but is too idle to post although he reads all the Forums. I,ll kick him up the backside and get him to start posting
Clare

1 - 20 of 31 Posts