Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I purchased some Siberian Bushings for my 2012 Rav4 Limited V6 4x4 and I am not sure they are gonna fit. I ordered part numbers 1-01-1276 and 1-01-1277 and they have an internal diameter of 23.4 which they say is the OEM size for the front sway bar. Problem is when I put calipers to mine, it came out to about 25.6mm. My sway bare is stock, so has anyone run across a different size sway bar for the V6? Anyone care to measure theirs? The Siberian Bushings don't come with a slit in them so maybe the 2.2 mm wont make much of a difference once I make a cut in them? Curious what you all think before I send them back. Thanks!

According to Toyota Parts Catalog bushing OEM# are
Toyota Part Numbers Below:
488150R010 RH BUSH, FRONT STABILIZER BAR, NO.1 ID=23.4 mm (
488150R020 LH BUSH, FRONT STABILIZER BAR, NO.1 ID=23.4 mm
488110R010 BAR, STABILIZER, FRONT

Siberian Bushings Part Numbers:
1-01-1276 Left Side Front Sway Bar PU Bushing
1-01-1277 Right Side Front Sway Bar PU Bushing"

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi All,

I purchased some Siberian Bushings for my 2012 Rav4 Limited V6 4x4 and I am not sure they are gonna fit. I ordered part numbers 1-01-1276 and 1-01-1277 and they have an internal diameter of 23.4 which they say is the OEM size for the front sway bar. Problem is when I put calipers to mine, it came out to about 25.6mm. My sway bare is stock, so has anyone run across a different size sway bar for the V6? Anyone care to measure theirs? The Siberian Bushings don't come with a slit in them so maybe the 2.2 mm wont make much of a difference once I make a cut in them? Curious what you all think before I send them back. Thanks!

According to Toyota Parts Catalog bushing OEM# are
Toyota Part Numbers Below:
488150R010 RH BUSH, FRONT STABILIZER BAR, NO.1 ID=23.4 mm (
488150R020 LH BUSH, FRONT STABILIZER BAR, NO.1 ID=23.4 mm
488110R010 BAR, STABILIZER, FRONT

Siberian Bushings Part Numbers:
1-01-1276 Left Side Front Sway Bar PU Bushing
1-01-1277 Right Side Front Sway Bar PU Bushing"
There were some threads on here in the 4.3 mechanical group that detailed the sway bar diameters, front and rear. I suggest you use the advanced search function, and see what you can find. The activity was in the last month.

As for size, you may get some knocking or rattling from the bushings with 1.1 mm clearance all around. I don’t know if the bracket/clamp will apply enough compressive force on the bushing to take up this slack, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were some threads on here in the 4.3 mechanical group that detailed the sway bar diameters, front and rear. I suggest you use the advanced search function, and see what you can find. The activity was in the last month.

As for size, you may get some knocking or rattling from the bushings with 1.1 mm clearance all around. I don’t know if the bracket/clamp will apply enough compressive force on the bushing to take up this slack, but I doubt it.
Thanks for the suggestion and reply, but what I could find was mainly talking about replacing the sway bar and how only smaller diameters are available in Australia.

The size of the bushings are opposite of what you described, as the new bushings have a smaller diameter (23.4mm) than the sway bar (25.6 ish mm), so there definitely wouldn't be any play, just unsure if this would cause any issues, but it must be ok, especially since Toyota doesn't list an alternate sway bar busing part number for the '12 V6 Rav4 limited. Just reaching out to see if anyone noticed this issue and to also let people know there are now easy to find PU bushings available for our gen Rav4.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion and reply, but what I could find was mainly talking about replacing the sway bar and how only smaller diameters are available in Australia.

The size of the bushings are opposite of what you described, as the new bushings have a smaller diameter (23.4mm) than the sway bar (25.6 ish mm), so there definitely wouldn't be any play, just unsure if this would cause any issues, but it must be ok, especially since Toyota doesn't list an alternate sway bar busing part number for the '12 V6 Rav4 limited. Just reaching out to see if anyone noticed this issue and to also let people know there are now easy to find PU bushings available for our gen Rav4.
I really have to stop speed reading, this is getting to be a pattern. Sorry for the mixup.

Smaller bushings may/will bind. VW actually has a service bulletin for binding sway bar bushings on the ‘11-up Passat, and although not listed as a problem, it’s a solution for binding on the MQB cars too (everything else in their lineup). I don’t know the spec or compound but that may help. I’ll see what I can find and get back to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really have to stop speed reading, this is getting to be a pattern. Sorry for the mixup.

Smaller bushings may/will bind. VW actually has a service bulletin for binding sway bar bushings on the ‘11-up Passat, and although not listed as a problem, it’s a solution for binding on the MQB cars too (everything else in their lineup). I don’t know the spec or compound but that may help. I’ll see what I can find and get back to you.

I appreciate the responses/help and any info you may be able to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts