Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone noticed this, but you are not supposed to use a seat cover if you have side airbags (since one of the bags is apparently stored in the seat, the seat cover would block deployment).

I was thinking of getting a cover for the driver seat to keep the fabric nice ((even though I dislike the fabric; it's one of the few things we don't like about the new RAV)), but so much for that idea.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Yes and no. You can't use the everyday off-the-shelf $20 universal fit seat covers. However, you can use special seat covers that were designed to work with seat-mounted air bags.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really, who sells them? Can you give me some leads?

BTW, I'm offended that you thought I'd buy a $20 seat cover. The one I bought was $22. :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
Well, if you're willing to add a zero at the end of that figure, I would recommend Wet Okole seat covers. They customize to the car, model, and side airbags.

http://wetokole.net/

You can check out the videos on how the side airbags work. Also check out the gallery for pics of RAVs. I think in some models, you can even add lumbar support. Great for those of us who have the Base or Sport model.

If I had the money (and maybe I'll add to my Christmas list!), I would order these for all the seats. It'll probably cost be about $500 for both front and back seats.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the lead. Anyone know of anything cheaper that works with side airbags?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Joshi said:
Thanks for the lead. Anyone know of anything cheaper that works with side airbags?
You might be hard pressed to find one around $22 but you can do a search for universal seat covers rather than custom and pick the ones that fancy you. There's quite a bit of them out there and too many for me to dig through without knowing what you like.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Frank, they are on the expensive side since there are other custom seat covers for about $100 cheaper. But I've always liked the quality of the Wet Okoles (btw, okole means rear end in Hawaiian) compared to some of the other ones I've seen. There's also more color options and graphics selection than some of the cheaper ones. I also like the fact that they actually test the covers with side airbags, but I don't know if the others do or don't. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts