Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i find it odd that US version of RAV's doesn't have side indicator lights..only european and asian have this lights. i thought US is very strict in highway safety. this lights is very helpful especially on freeways. i hope they will add it on 2006 models.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope they do, too.

Even Honda put those lights on it's restyled 2006 Pilot.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a chance, The RAV4 since the 2nd Generation in the US/Canada has never had front wing mounted side indicators lights and I reckon you won't for the 2006 RAV4.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually wanted one of those... well "clear out" ones.. it really adds safety to your driving, well I guess if we really want it we can always buy the euro side panel or drill a hole .

·
Registered
682 Posts
All cars in Australia after a certain year (which i forget now) have had side indicators...it's an Australian Design Rule.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mohit said:
All cars in Australia after a certain year (which i forget now) have had side indicators...it's an Australian Design Rule.
Late 80's.. about '87-'88.I can't see how anyone can live without it.

If you want to add one, I guess the easiest way to add it is to get the side mirrors with the indicator built in. At least you don't have to drill into the sheet metal to put the indicator on.

·
Registered
986 Posts
We don't use turn signals in the US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts