Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are picking up our hybrid on Monday. One issue I heard about involves the side mirrors shaking. How many of you have had this problem? Are there any other problems for us to look out for?

·
Registered
192 Posts
My hybrid hasn't been built yet but I've test driven two 2019 hybrid RAV4's. One of the two had a drivers side mirror that shook at highway speeds. I did not take the other on a route that was conducive to driving at highway speeds.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep. My 2019 Rav4 hybrid does have the driver's side mirror shake. I have 200 miles on it now. That is on my list of Monday's items of concern. My seat settings program buttons don't work, that problem was right at the dealer's lot.
I hope it's not a "they all do that" situation.
The passanger, not so much. The rear view is solid. Plus I can flip that and see behind me on my model !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mirrors shaking

Both mirrors shake on Hybrid XSE - drivers side way worse.
This is unacceptable and Toyota needs to recall!
I'll be calling Toyota today and I advise all owners to do the same.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So these are all Japanese models -- could it be that these issues will be rectified by the time the Ontario plants start churning out the rest of the production models?

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Mine is Japan (November) made as well, no mirror issues (other than the pesky digital rear view for my old eyes! :serious).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not all hybrids are built in Japan. Canada builds them as well and many are already on dealer lots or already at home with their new owners. Mine is a Canada build....hoping to take deliver before the week is out

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Not all hybrids are built in Japan. Canada builds them as well and many are already on dealer lots or already at home with their new owners.
Ummm, that's pretty common knowledge by now, the question is, are the mirror issues coming from the NA plant(s) or Japan, or all plants?

I drove an XSE today (made in Canada) and I thought the mirrors were fine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Look at your VIN A J as the first letter means Japan.

I just had my memory seats fixed, the dealers were clueless and took 2 days to figure out what they needed to do. They also programmed in the "all windows down".

I asked about the mirror shake.. they said they could not do anything. Also the blinker "tick" which they say they can't change. Yet a U.K. video on the Rav4 hybrid they were showing, with a radio going, i could here the "tick" clearly.

i also asked about the heated seats, they really only get a bit warm, not hot like my wife's Santa Fe Sport. We have the 3 level settings, but even today when she was driving, I could not tell her seats were on high. Yet she said the driver's seat was warmer.

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone been able to get their side mirror shaking issue repaired by Toyota yet? I have taken my vehicle to a local dealership, and they confirmed other brand new RAV4s had similar shaking of the side mirrors when just closing the doors hard. It seems it's an issue with mirror housing mount rigidity to the metal doors (thin sheet metal?).

2019 RAV4 Hybrid LE
In service: May 2019
(Japan made)

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
Sunken removed the inner door panel and tightened the mounting bolts on his LE mirror, no more mirror rattle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We are picking up our hybrid on Monday. One issue I heard about involves the side mirrors shaking. How many of you have had this problem? Are there any other problems for us to look out for?
Got mine last week and first thing I noticed driving on the highway was the shaking and vibrating on the driver's side mirror. Also I HATE the new position of the mirrors vs my 2016 Rav4 XLE. And the front hood was vibrating too. Also made in JT.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts