Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Doors are steel, not aluminum, only the hood, front fenders, rear quarter panels and liftgate are aluminum.
He is RIGHT !!!
I had a magnetic sticker from Watkins Glen Racetrack.
Took the Rav4 on the track for 3 laps ? ? ?

Very little Steel panels to affix the magnetic sticker to...

They have to lighten it up for the MPG's

·
Premium Member
7,842 Posts
He is RIGHT !!!
I had a magnetic sticker from Watkins Glen Racetrack.
Took the Rav4 on the track for 3 laps ? ? ?

Very little Steel panels to affix the magnetic sticker to...

They have to lighten it up for the MPG's
Not mine, I can stick a magnet anywhere on the doors, but not on the hood, front fenders, quarter panels and liftgate, there's no mention of aluminum doors in any publications I've ever read.

Under the skin, on the integrated body/frame, Toyota has introduced stiffer, more ridged high-strength steel in the main cabin/roll-cage area. To reduce added weight from doing so, the RAV4 incorporates aluminum hood, hatch and fenders. Not only does Toyota weld those components together, they are also fixed by a structural adhesive – glue – as a type of body bonder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2020 XLE, still an issue for new models. Don't notice it on regular roads, but once on the highway its shakeorama. As others have said it's as if the entire mirror assembly is vibrating and distorting the image. I wonder if its a vibration to the entire door panel, but not quite sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just purchased a new RAV4 (2020 Hybrid limited), and yes the side mirror vibrates badly; and the driver’s side mirror generates rattling noise whenever I was closing the door, driving on the high way, and driving on local roads that are just a little bumpy. I have brought the RAV4 to my dealership’s service department. They told me that there is no problem. However they did agree that there is a vibration noise from the driver-side-mirror. So they implied this is common for the latest RAV4 model (2019/2020), but Toyota has not issued any tech-advice about this; therefore it is considered as “normal”, and they could not do anything about it. Does anyone has new info about this?

·
Premium Member
7,842 Posts
I just purchased a new RAV4 (2020 Hybrid limited), and yes the side mirror vibrates badly; and the driver’s side mirror generates rattling noise whenever I was closing the door, driving on the high way, and driving on local roads that are just a little bumpy. I have brought the RAV4 to my dealership’s service department. They told me that there is no problem. However they did agree that there is a vibration noise from the driver-side-mirror. So they implied this is common for the latest RAV4 model (2019/2020), but Toyota has not issued any tech-advice about this; therefore it is considered as “normal”, and they could not do anything about it. Does anyone has new info about this?
See post #19 for a link to a tutorial on how to tighten the mirror.

·
Premium Member
7,842 Posts
If this is a common, should the Toyota fix it for us? This is brand new car, I just got it 2 weeks ago. Do I need to go this far to do myself?
Sunken's was new too, dealer did nothing, said it was normal just like they have for everyone else. :rolleyes: Fortunately not all have rattling mirrors, mine have always been rock solid.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I took the doors apart and the screw everyone else found was loose was already tight. My mirror glass is still shaking and vibrating badly. Any one else find another way to fix this?

·
Registered
138 Posts
My driver door mirror vibrated when closing and made a very annoying sound.
It seems to have disappeared and I don't notice it anymore.

I have been lucky that it didn't do it when driving for some reason.

This mirror issue was on my pre-acceptance checklist and I might not have taken delivery of my car if it had this issue while driving.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
434 Posts
My driver door mirror vibrated when closing and made a very annoying sound.
It seems to have disappeared and I don't notice it anymore.

I have been lucky that it didn't do it when driving for some reason.

This mirror issue was on my pre-acceptance checklist and I might not have taken delivery of my car if it had this issue while driving.
I see you're from Canada brethren, I suspect it's the over salting we're known for that has found it's way nicely into the small crevices and is acting as a "filler". At least that's what i think with mine in Toronto :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I took the doors apart and the screw everyone else found was loose was already tight. My mirror glass is still shaking and vibrating badly. Any one else find another way to fix this?
It may not be the loose screw. sounds like some components inside/behind the mirror vibrate. we should let Toyota know. I sent them an email via their support website. I think anyone who has the same problem should do so as well. more people complained, they will pay attention to.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It may not be the loose screw. sounds like some components inside/behind the mirror vibrate. we should let Toyota know. I sent them an email via their support website. I think anyone who has the same problem should do so as well. more people complained, they will pay attention to.
Mine is sadly not the loose mounting hardware. Something else up in there vibrating. Sounds chintzy every time I close my door. Glass itself is steady on my unit, but from time to time a road imperfection will set it off, and obviously the door closing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Again, we need to let Toyota know this is not acceptable. A brand $40k new car has a vibration noise from mirror, this is not normal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know Toyota care or even read this forum. I consider to use Twitter and Facebook to let them know. Anyone who has this problem should do so as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone pried the mirror glass off and tried to add extra padding or something to make the glass stop shaking? Mine vibrates/shakes so much at highways speeds that the side mirrors are practically useless. The dealership said corporate says this is normal so no one at Toyota is gonna do anything

·
Registered
6 Posts
The point is we should make Toyota to do something about this. We should NOT fix it our self. The dealership told me that if I modify something myself, it could make the mirror malfunction and void the warranty. The bottom line is: this is a manufacture defect and we have the warranty, Toyota should fix it for free!

·
Premium Member
7,842 Posts
The point is we should make Toyota to do something about this. We should NOT fix it our self. The dealership told me that if I modify something myself, it could make the mirror malfunction and void the warranty. The bottom line is: this is a manufacture defect and we have the warranty, Toyota should fix it for free!
True, but they haven't yet, not in the last 14 months as documented by the multitude of owners that have tried! ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer finally agreed to replace the offending mirror. No improvement. Maybe slightly worse, actually. D-d-d-d-d sound when closing the driver's door.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts