Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all--

I have a '03 LE. Kick myself for not just getting the XLE, but it is what it is.

Anywho, desperately trying to find a way to apply the XLE side mirrors with turn indicators to my LE. Local Toyota dealer says it's impossible...but surely there has to be someway to get this done.

Any thoughts on the possibility of re-wiring to make the XLE mirrors work, or anyone know of/found a worthy aftermarket item to make this happen?

Thanks all!

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,973 Posts
Hello all--

I have a '03 LE. Kick myself for not just getting the XLE, but it is what it is.

Anywho, desperately trying to find a way to apply the XLE side mirrors with turn indicators to my LE. Local Toyota dealer says it's impossible...but surely there has to be someway to get this done.

Any thoughts on the possibility of re-wiring to make the XLE mirrors work, or anyone know of/found a worthy aftermarket item to make this happen?

Thanks all!
Do you have a 2003 or a 2013? There was no LE or XLE in 2003.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
The parts will be a bolt-on, but you don't have an electrical harness that is compatible with the power/heat/turn signal
Will need to get creative and obtain the body side of the XLE harness, power control switch, etc...

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Do you really need them? The blinkers offer almost no extra visibility other than from the side.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I installed LED arrow turn signal to 2015 RAV4 LE side view mirror. You can buy a pair of LED arrow turn signal on Ebay (about a dollar to 2). There are only 3 wires in side view mirror (no turn signal wire). So you need to run turn signal wire to the mirror. Left turn signal wire is yellow color on Pin 14 of 3E. Right side is pin 14 of 3C.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/176649-every-wire-its-location-2015-rav4.html

Two steps are very difficult to do. 1. Open back cover of the mirror. I used 3 screw drives to take it off. 2. Run the wire through mirror. The connector is 5 pin. You can add 2 turn signal wires to the connector. I just added another connector. I have video on YouTube.

If you want to use XLE mirrors. The connector will be different. You need to replace the original 5 pin connector with XLE connector.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts