Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there's a decent source for aftermarket side molding that looks somewhat attractive? My new Rav screams "ding me" whenever I park it in a busy lot.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Knock on wood flyingn.. That's what i used to say and i parked (and still do) as far as i can, but there's always the idiot, or idiots, that like to park next to you and mess your beautiful trim/door. Take a look at my album to see what i'm talking about. Every time i see a rav parked, i go look at their door trim to see if it's as bad as mine, but no one has it like mine :(. It also doesn't help that i live in the ghetto :x

Update: Nevermind the picture. It seems that i deleted it a little while ago cuz i really don't remember doing so, but it was there :?.

·
Registered
332 Posts
flyingn said:
Every day my wife brings the RAV home I look at both doors.
LOL Same here.
I do the same, trying to find any ding at doors when I get to my home and see my wife's Rav4. :D

I bought it for her, but I was supposed to drive for first 2 months.
however I could drive only 1 week :evil:
because she anounced "I WILL DRIVE FROM TOMORROW". :(
Damn it. she just loves Rav4. but I do too!

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
sean20202020 said:
Damn it. she just loves RAV4. but I do too!
LOL, I can picture it now... Just like that goofy Mercury Mariner commercial where the husband and wife keep trying to one-up each other and wake up earlier in the morning so they can be the one to drive it! :D :) :lol:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Side molding options

Just curious if anybody has checked into this further. I'm surprised at the lack of options I've found on the Internet and calling around to a few body repair shops hasn't been very fruitful either. I see that somebody is selling '06 Rav4 moldings on Ebay but they're a bit thinner than I'd like.

R

·
0 Posts
The other day, it was SO windy here...I wouldn't even take the RAV to Target...no way! Yesterday I went to Walmart in my RAV, and I parked WAY out...well, somebody else decided they would park WAY out too!..and, tell me?...why did they have to park RIGHT next to me!!? Why not choose another empty spot...there were plenty of them! LOL!

Another problem isn't the idiots that don't watch while opening their doors...you have to deal with the idiots that don't put their shopping carts in the corrals. That windy day...there were shopping carts rolling all over the place at Walmart and Target. *sigh* I just don't get the laziness of some people! (I don't want to hear that you have children...I have children and always put the cart in the corral).

I teach college....and, another thing I noticed the other day when I got to work was how students weave in and out of the cars, instead of using the aisles and rows! Their backpacks bouncing around all over the place. I stayed in my car, watching them to see if their backpacks hit any of the parked cars. Some did! It is funny how I didn't even notice THIS before I got the new RAV!

Btw...I don't even wait until I get home to see if there are any bumps or bruises...I look at the RAV before I even leave the parking lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amen, I couldn't agree more! That's why I'm hoping I can figure out some sort of side molding solution to provide SOME level of protection. Sigh...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
RAVishing said:
Btw...I don't even wait until I get home to see if there are any bumps or bruises...I look at the RAV before I even leave the parking lot.
I don't want to burst your bubble of thinking your baby will never get a dent. I used to be very paranoid all the time, looking every time i got off the car counting how many dings and dents i got, and the worst part is that no matter where i parked, it could be waaaaaay out there, someone will fine the spot right next to me and I always ended up having new dings and dents. The side trim on the front passenger door has so many dents you couldn't possibly imagine :(. I eventually stopped counting them, and for some time the dents stopped coming, but now that i'm going to another college, where parking is a b*tch and the spaces between cars are like 2 1/2 feet only, people are careless and they have bumped into my door, not only on the side trim, but also on the rear doors where there are no side trims :evil:. People has just no respect for other people's cars :evil: :x :roll:

C

·
0 Posts
sean20202020 said:
flyingn said:
Every day my wife brings the RAV home I look at both doors.
LOL Same here.
I do the same, trying to find any ding at doors when I get to my home and see my wife's RAV4. :D

Damn it. she just loves RAV4. but I do too!
What kind did you get? Got pics?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I just ordered a set from a dealer in Canada for $79cd, about $68usd. Not sure how much it's going to cost to ship to the states but I'll let you all know how it works out once I get them.

R

·
0 Posts
I test drove a 4 cylinder and V6 limited 4x4 Rav yesterday. The dealer had installed a strip on each door which matched the paint color. They were about 3" wide. I forgot how much they added to the price but was dealer installed. They looked very nice. Wow that V6 sure is fast!! It was like driving a completely different vehicle after driving the 4 cylinder. I was driving up a pretty steep grade and I punched it and it just kept on accelerating much quicker than I would have thought. I have been reading this forum every day and thanks for all the good info!! It was funny how many times I had to correct the salesman on the test drive.

R

·
0 Posts
No yet, I guess I am in the early stages of researching / test driving. I am going to put my pick up for sale and use that money to help pay for it. They only had 3 Rav's. one each sport, limited V6 and base 4 cyl. The sales guy said in 3 or 4 days that V6 will sell. I told them I want my wife to test drive and she can help me decide. I am not in a big rush to buy but will be going to the auto show in town on Sunday to check it and the CR-V out. The dealer I went to had 2 rows of Highlanders, Ill bet they would not have moved much off MSRP on the Rav's. The CR-V SE and used Highlander are the only 2 other vehicles I would consider. I just don’t like the exterior styling of the CR-V much but I think inside is nice. The only disappointment I had on the Rav was the interior. It just didn’t look like a 28k interior maybe more like in a nicer corolla. Maybe it was just the gray colored material and all the plastic. I really do like the dual auto temp and of course the power of the V6. A limited V6 with leather is out of my budget but I think that would be a nice combination. When I get down to it the V6 is not necessary but sure would be fun to drive. They really pack that V6 in that engine compartment. On the test drive at a stop light I kept on hearing a beeping noise and no indications on the dash. The sales guy did not know what it was but kept beeping for maybe a minute.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts