Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of adding side step tubes to my 2004 RAV. Any comments on these? I'm thinking they will help protect the door sills, make it easier to get in and out, and make it easier to reach the centre of the roof when washing/loading.
I was also thinking of going with black (instead of chrome). Does anyone else have black? I was thinking they would look good with the black trim on my Everglade RAV. How do they wear?--or do they look like hell after a while?

Any advice/photos are appreciated...
cheers
ken b

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Just some quick thoughts:

Tube steps would definitely help with reaching up to wash your RAVs roof. :D

I don't think they will help from deflecting door dings, especially with all those huge SUVs out there. :cry: My RAV can attest to that. :evil:

They really are not necessary for ingress/egress for adults, even my short wife can easily climb in or out of ours. :lol:

One thing that may annoy you is that when you are getting out of your RAV, the tube steps will rub on the back of your leg if you are not careful. Not good if the tube steps are dirty or wet. :cry:

As for black vs. stainless/chrome, that would be your choice; sometimes a vehicles specific color will determine which looks better. That is a personal choice though. Good luck with whatever you decide. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at my album... i installed the side step... they are more of a cosmetic thing... when it rains it'll get your pants wet cuz it sticks out where you usually stick your foot out.... and i have never use it besides dry the top of my car after car-wash.I have chrome...
personally i think black needs chrome... other color will look good with black... but black car defitely go with all chrome.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The looks of the tube steps is nice, but I find myself having to "step out further" when getting out of my RAV. It feels awkward at times. I don't regret getting them 'cuz they do look cool. 8)

·
Registered
396 Posts
If you look in the old gallery under the 2002 Ravs, there was a member named Luc Sirois who had Silver Rav with black Waag centerguard and black side tube steps. His was the inspiration of why I chose my own similar centerguard but went chrome/sst all the way around instead of black. I think I still prefer the sst/chrome look over black but like any opinion, only yours is the final and most important.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered the genuine Toyota Stainless Steel Tube Steps by Steel Horse when I purchesed my 2002 RAV4 (option code R3).

Steel Horse Products has a web site at http://www.steelhorseautomotive.com/ but the RAV4 tube steps don't appear to be listed there. Could be they are a special order.

I agree with some of the comments posted. Pant legs rub on the steps when getting out and you have to step out further to clear the step. But I can deal with it, they make the RAV look great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts