Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any vendors with plans to release the Chrome or Black side steps for the new Rav4 yet? If I get a Rav4, I would like to get some put on right away to keep the door dents and dings off the side.

Also, I'm thinking with a sport model with the black roof rails, that black side steps might look better than the chrome (with the rails and grill being black also). Anyone with any thoughts?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I can't see how those things are going to prevent door dings .
The majority of dings are caused by the top half of the other car's door , not the very bottom .

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure how far they stick out, but I had a set of sidesteps on my 04 Saturn Vue and also on our 99 Ford Exploer. In both cases they helped, becasue when you parked a car beside the vehicle and opened the door, the bottom of the door hit the side step before the center section of the door hit the side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Side Steps

I just joined and realize that this post is a little old, but it seems this info may be helpful to some.

I recently ordered an '06 Rav4 Sport with the Stainless Steel Step Bars. I wouldn't have known they were available if it weren't for the fact that there was one on the lot that had them. It was a Sport and I absolutely loved the way they looked. Unfortunately, that vehicle didn't have a sunroof which is a must-have feature for me. I've wanted one forever, but this will be my first time actually getting one!

I've been trying to find a pic online of what it looks like with the step bars installed, but haven't see any until the thumbnail in this post.

My salesman tells me that my baby should be coming into port today or tomorrow and hopefully ready for me to pick up on Friday. I'd be happy to post pics when I get it.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
mjd1001 said:
I'm not sure how far they stick out, but I had a set of sidesteps on my 04 Saturn Vue and also on our 99 Ford Exploer. In both cases they helped, becasue when you parked a car beside the vehicle and opened the door, the bottom of the door hit the side step before the center section of the door hit the side of the vehicle.
It will help some with if the other car hit you with their front door. The back doors of most sadens are the most common cause of door dings. Most back doors have a trianglar portion to it on the back side of the door to accomandate for the rear wheel well, it is that wedge portion of the rear door that does the most damage.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a place @ ebay that sells body side molding that matches your paint color. You submit year, make/model and paint code.

3-5 days before delivery. $169. + $12. shipping ...too pricey for me. :oops:

link to body side molding place

...just a suggestion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts