Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Pretty extensive fix... but it does look promising.
I'm a little reluctant to have dealership take both my door panels off an poke around in there.

·
Registered
816 Posts
That's not a complicated procedure. I took off my panels on my 2011 and it was not complicated.
Especially when the plastic retainers are new and not breaking it should be even more easily.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thanks, will contact a dealer to see if they can order the parts and schedule soon. By the way, the extension parts (bracket 04000-0320R ) for one side is $320?

·
Registered
11 Posts
this is.a good one, anyone got this done yet? Does this fix work?
This does look like a positive move by Toyota to address the shaky mirrors. Please keep us posted with your thoughts now & then following these fixes. It would obviously be very helpful to know if this actually solves the problem. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We've kind of gotten used to the slight vibration in the mirrors. but I'll probably get this done. Might make the door sound more solid too!

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 TRD Off Road, Fully Loaded, built in Canada.
15 Posts
Finally!!!!! I am going to get this done asap. I will let you guys know when I do.

I put in a big response (in this thread) about how I took my door apart trying to fix my mirror. This TSB seems like it should help. I doubt it it will be perfect, but should be better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Brand new 2020 XLE owner here. Love the car...got shakey mirrors. I'm used to it my Scion did this for 10 years plus, but on my first Toyotacare visit I'll bring this up and see if anything can be done.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Wonder how much they will charge for the kit? I would rather do the work myself than have Toyota do it.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Three bolts and a metal bracket and they want 300 bucks?

·
Registered
433 Posts
That is correct:

Perhaps Toyota does not want you to fix yourself.

Three bolts and a metal bracket and they want 300 bucks?

·
Registered
2019 Rav4
13 Posts
I ordered the parts 28/8, supposed to get delivered to my workplace 17/9 👍 Long waiting time to get parts from USA to Sweden 😂

·
Registered
2019 Rav4
13 Posts
No, I work at a dealership, warranty/goodwill will fix it for me :)
This TSB is not for the European market, But I talked to the warranty department and they wanted us to test it and see the results, and then they might introduce the solution for Europe aswell :)

Do you plan to fix it yourself? If so let us know the results.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CAN model Rav4 XLE Applying fix on Sept 24th will post an update if the issue is resolved.
This will be completely by the dealership.
Supposedly its going to take them a total of 4hr ( 2 hrs each door )

Parts ordered
New mirrors and Brackets according to the service center.

·
Registered
87 Posts
CAN model Rav4 XLE Applying fix on Sept 24th will post an update if the issue is resolved.
This will be completely by the dealership.
Supposedly its going to take them a total of 4hr ( 2 hrs each door )

Parts ordered
New mirrors and Brackets according to the service center.
Don't forget the last step. The adhesive has to cure for 24 hours.

I'd be interested to know if they keep your Rav4 on the lot for 24 hours or if they tell you to just go home but keep the doors/windows closed for 24 hours.

My dealer is awaiting the parts for the TSB. Apparently they're limited supply or nationwide back order. Waiting for the parts for the adventure awd drivetrain TSB fix too.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts