Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In looking for alternatives for the small stock Rav 4 mirrors , I was told that the mirrors from Toyota's Siena might fit as their mounting plates seem to visually be the same .
Has anyone tried any after market mirrors on their Rav's ?
I've seen a few sets on E Bay but it is hard to find power ones .

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Over the last couple of days , I have actually parked next to both versions of the Sienna and I would have to say that their mirrors won't fit .
The triangulated mounting areas are the wrong shape :cry: .
This a bit of a bummer as it was a "seasoned" Toyota parts guy that gave me this glimmer of hope .

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Re: Siena mirrors fit RAV 4's ?

ccaddy said:
In looking for alternatives for the small stock RAV 4 mirrors
I think the RAV mirrors are a fairly decent size... that's just my opinion though... It would be cool if there were some Euro or JDM mirrors that had an electronic folding button... such as the MR2 , with the touch of a button it will fold your mirrors, guess it's nice for parking so people won't bump or bend your mirrors, etc... :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the RAV mirrors are a fairly decent size...
:shock: Your kidding ... right ? :p
These have to be one of the smallest , mis shaped mirrors I've ever had on a vehicle :cry: .
They're small , narrow and tapper smaller to the outside (where they should be biggest ) .

·
Registered
278 Posts
The mirrors are the same as all the other Rav4's. Here a picture(sorry not very clear) of the button. I don't really think the mirrors are small. The retractable mirrors were standard on my Rav4, same as key less entry.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
I would love to be able to source a set of those mirrors... 8)
Of course would need the wiring harness with the switch as well...

Anyone have any connections to get a set ? :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
this one has powerfold?!? I want one!!! does it have heated mirrors too? If it does, I don't care how much it cost.. I want one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hansie said:
No it doesn't , I live in the caribbean so i don't need heated mirrors
Is it possible to find out how much it cost? Even from dealer if they have or can get any? I really like the option of retracting the mirrors without folding them manually.

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
nl4jy said:
hansie said:
Is it possible to find out how much it cost? Even from dealer if they have or can get any? I really like the option of retracting the mirrors without folding them manually.
nl4jy I forgot where you are located... :p I didn't see your location or country flag on your profile...

If you are serious about it, I may have a source for used mirrors... I am in the process of obtaining a set myself... and if there is interest, I may be able to source some more.... 8)

·
Registered
57 Posts
DJ Sueno said:
nl4jy said:
hansie said:
nl4jy I forgot where you are located... :p I didn't see your location or country flag on your profile...

If you are serious about it, I may have a source for used mirrors... I am in the process of obtaining a set myself... and if there is interest, I may be able to source some more.... 8)
Lived in NYC in the States.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts