Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Not sure how many people this affects but as soon as I got my 2020 Rav4 XLE, the glare from the silver dash trim was so bad it would reflect on the side windows, but especially the driver's side window, obstructing my view of my left side mirror.

The two silver dash pieces around the vents, short on the left and long on the right, come off very easily, with just a credit card wedged in to pry and start from the outer sides inward.

I wanted a good looking yet reversible solution, and I tried matte black vinyl wrap. It looked great at first but it lasted less than a week, and then started peeling from tension, temp change or whatever. I tried my best for a first timer with wrapping.

Anyways, today I took them off again, took off the wrap, and used black plasti-dip, and man, am I happy with the results!:

It has a bit of that typical leathery plastidip look, but I really like the texture. I just took them off, wiped with alcohol, used masking tape to mask off what I didnt want to peel off later, did about 8 light coats, checking with actual daylight to ensure even coverage, and bam. Love it

I'd highly suggest doing this to your Rav if the silver trim glare reflection is bothering you, it's quite easy with plasti dip.

I also prefer the overall look better with these portions blacked out, less distracting silver junk in your peripherals when you're driving, and makes it feel a little bigger inside somehow for me.

Hope this helps some people! Cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for the idea. Just did this today. Used the left over plastidip from blacking out my emblems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts