Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a set of winter tires with the 17" silver steel rims, but didn't realize until all was said and done that the oem wheel covers (or any other cover, for that matter) don't fit on these. There appears to be some center caps you can put on; however, some people have had trouble as most of these caps seem to be intended for aluminum tires.

Has anyone had experience buying one of the center caps and can point me to a set that will fit steel rims (preferably with cheap shipping to Canada)? My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that these are purely cosmetic, and that it doesn't matter if the center nut rusts, and that the cap isn't going to prevent the nut from rusting anyways. But I still want to put something on it if it isn't too expensive. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Try online Toyota parts departments for the part and shipping rates.

Try Googling Toyota parts and see what comes up in your area.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
I recently got a set of winter tires with the 17" silver steel rims, but didn't realize until all was said and done that the oem wheel covers (or any other cover, for that matter) don't fit on these. There appears to be some center caps you can put on; however, some people have had trouble as most of these caps seem to be intended for aluminum tires.

Has anyone had experience buying one of the center caps and can point me to a set that will fit steel rims (preferably with cheap shipping to Canada)? My understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) is that these are purely cosmetic, and that it doesn't matter if the center nut rusts, and that the cap isn't going to prevent the nut from rusting anyways. But I still want to put something on it if it isn't too expensive. Thanks.
Here's what you need in our Classifieds forum:

F.S. FOUR 2010 WHEEL CENTERS $15.00

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JuneBug, thanks for pointing it out. Unfortunately, it sold before I got to it, but at least I know what I'm looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts