Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!!! Hope you all are having a blessed week. I had a questions regarding the silver bumper trim that my RAV has on it. I has minor signs of wear and I wanted to know if there was any product that I can use to restore it? Any type of paint or sanding technique I could use? I believe it can mostly be wear from the sun and rocks probably chipping at it on a normal drive. Any and all help is appreciated! :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anything like that can either be fixed with touch up paint or repainted.

I have tried everything out there in years... and settled to just getting things repainted if I am keeping the car for a long time. Buffing and all that crap fixes temporarily and then s*** shows up again.

:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything like that can either be fixed with touch up paint or repainted.

I have tried everything out there in years... and settled to just getting things repainted if I am keeping the car for a long time. Buffing and all that crap fixes temporarily and then s*** shows up again.

:D
Thanks for your response! What kind of paint could I use? I asked one of my friends and he said that he doesn't know what kind of paint to use when I touch it up. Any suggestions? Thanks again

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks for your response! What kind of paint could I use? I asked one of my friends and he said that he doesn't know what kind of paint to use when I touch it up. Any suggestions? Thanks again
Inside the driver's door panel where you enter inside the vehicle or on the door itself there should be a C/TR .. ..... and then the color codes after that. Usually if there are two tone cars, the second color is also listed there. You can always take it to the dealer and they can figure out the color code for you and then order the touch up paint for you. If you have the color code you can have the spray made also. Best option is body shop. Around 200 dollars they can paint your whole bumper for you. Depends on how nice you want it to look and what your budget is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright I will take a look into all of those options, again thank you so much RAV4EVR! You are the man!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone ever have bumpers and side cladding repainted a different color? I'm kinda bored with the all-white and noticed the cladding is plastic like the bumpers, or whatever that material is, and the white paint looks kinda mottled and sketchy there on both sides.

I'd like to go to the two-tone look using that golden gray I see on other cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts