Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, and yes I've used search. Does the mythical beast exist for simple drop-in LED Daytime running light bulbs exist and where to get them? Thanks

·
Registered
548 Posts
There is a thread in this forum that discusses this. If it is done, each lamp will operate at 6 volts and there will be a noticeable flicker.

·
Registered
12 Posts
^Confirmed. I decided to turn my DRLs off when I went to an LED high beam bulb. Overall, the high beam performance isn't better. It may be slightly worse. The color of the LED provides a higher contrast, so it looks like it is lighting up the road better, but the light is dispersed less-smooth. I ordered and have decoders, have had them for months, but haven't gotten around to installing them to confirm if they would fix the issue. The positives for the LED bulbs in the high beams would be the more contrasting color, and the instant on/off is neat (but not a usability benefit). So like most things, there is a trade-off.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I did a retrofit on my rav and installed bixenon projectors...I now have high and low beam GIF lights, but I also left the factory high beams hooked up...I can just about see Pluto LOL...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have these LED Bulbs as my DRL/high beams and I have not noticed any flickering..
I've had them in for about a month now and really like the way they look. But like GreatAvalon said, when they are used as high beams they aren't any better than stock (which I knew when I bought these because the bulb specs say they are only meant for DRLs).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was confused at the replies until I went outside now to check how the high/low beams/DTRL worked. I had ASSuMEd that the high/low beams were the same bulb (as they were in my previous older cars) and were projected by the outer round housing (which are low beams only). I thought the DTRL was it's own independent bulb.

After reading Shabaz's reply, neurons connected and I've seen the light (pun intended). Thanks for the product link too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts