Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Canadian Sport RAV4 V6

I cannot help but think this stereo just doesn't sound quite right. Perhaps it's the placement of the speakers, but the highs are just a little overwhelming compared to the rest of the ranges. Drum cymbals stand out waaaaay too much for example and hiss like a snake. Turning down the treble only helps a little, but the range still seems out of whack.

I'm very disappointed with the quality of the stock head unit/speakers. There is no volume ramp-up so when you turn on the power, you get whatever volume it was last at - INSTANTLY.

Otherwise I love the vehicle... I may need a professional opinion about the stereo in my RAV4.

Rob

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flyingn said:
singe cd player? I thought all had the 6 disk players??
Not in Canada unfortunately. Options are few and far between for the Sport model here - other than things like rubber mats, cargo tray etc.

Rob

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RobG said:
Canadian Sport RAV4 V6

I cannot help but think this stereo just doesn't sound quite right. Perhaps it's the placement of the speakers, but the highs are just a little overwhelming compared to the rest of the ranges. Drum cymbals stand out waaaaay too much for example and hiss like a snake. Turning down the treble only helps a little, but the range still seems out of whack.

I'm very disappointed with the quality of the stock head unit/speakers. There is no volume ramp-up so when you turn on the power, you get whatever volume it was last at - INSTANTLY.

Otherwise I love the vehicle... I may need a professional opinion about the stereo in my RAV4.

Rob
Yep, thats a bummer. I passed on buying a V6 Sport just because the stereo wasn't upgraded. I went with an i4 Limited. The JBL system is great! They really should just put it in the Sports and Limiteds standard :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
We have the 6disc non-JBL system, and it sounds lame too. It's like the speakers aren't pointed at the driver, and even if they were it wouldn't sound all that great. But is this anything new for Toyota stereos? They have never sounded good, imo. If you care about sound, I'd get the JBL for sure. For talk radio, the stock radio that we have is fine.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joshi said:
We have the 6disc non-JBL system, and it sounds lame too. It's like the speakers aren't pointed at the driver, and even if they were it wouldn't sound all that great. But is this anything new for Toyota stereos? They have never sounded good, imo. If you care about sound, I'd get the JBL for sure. For talk radio, the stock radio that we have is fine.
The JBL is not an option here in Canada for the sport model. I'm going to look into an aftermarket solution. If the sound was decent I would leave it, but quite frankly the quality is lacking.

Rob

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
A cheap mod might be just to change out the speakers. I have done this to everyone of my cars and it makes a bigger difference than you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts