Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,,
I have enjoyed the 90 trial period for Sirius XM, but not enough to know if I really want to subscribe or not. The other day I got my first call offering next 6months for $30.

As you know their customer contract is written so that they automatically renew the subscription at the end of https://snaptube.cam/ https://syncnet.onl/telegram-web/ https://9apps.cam/ the period. This concerns me, as I have read horror stories on how folks could not terminate their subscription. There is no way I will pay this by credit card, only by check. This could still result in a problem if I want to cancel.

Do I have reason to be concerned about getting involved with Sirius? Your opinions please.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just renewed after seeing a $24 auto charge. Long story short, refunded the $24 and got a year for $60 + tx. This was after 2 1/2 years free service that ended Feb 1. Even though the service as free, they still needed a CC # on file.

I feel for $5 a month, with internet listening, it is now well worth it. I have SiruisXM playing whenever I have access to an internet access point, at home when not watching the boob tube, and of course whenever driving.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you call them before the end of the 6 month window, they will let you renew for the same terms if you tell them you'll cancel otherwise. I did that for 2 1/2 years recently. When I finally called to cancel, using a "i no longer commute excuse" they didn't hassle me.
In prior years, cancelling was difficult, as in 1.5 hours bouncing between reps...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had Sirius since the beginning - almost 20 years now. I use my credit card for billing and continue to call them about a week before my annual contract is set to expire. I always threaten to cancel, using excuses like "It's just getting too expensive, especially with all the internet radio options" or "I don't really drive much anymore". It really doesn't matter. I've never been hassled or ever had a difficult time with them on the phone. My annual subscription has stayed the same for years using this strategy, and this year it ended up being about $20 cheaper than last year. It ends up costing about $10/month, which is fine with me. You just need to be diligent about remembering to "cancel" before the renewal date. I put a reminder my Google calendar.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I
I've had Sirius since the beginning - almost 20 years now. I use my credit card for billing and continue to call them about a week before my annual contract is set to expire. I always threaten to cancel, using excuses like "It's just getting too expensive, especially with all the internet radio options" or "I don't really drive much anymore". It really doesn't matter. I've never been hassled or ever had a difficult time with them on the phone. My annual subscription has stayed the same for years using this strategy, and this year it ended up being about $20 cheaper than last year. It ends up costing about $10/month, which is fine with me. You just need to be diligent about remembering to "cancel" before the renewal date. I put a reminder my Google calendar.
If you're paying $10 a month, you're paying double of what you need to for the same service. If they're giving it to new users for $5, you can bet your banana I won't be paying more then that or they will lose me as a customer.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I should have been more clear. The $10/month is roughly a third of the cost if you allow the auto-renew to kick in. Upon my last renewal date in January, they were going to start charging me $320/year. That's crazy. No one should be paying that, but many people do. So compared to the auto-renewal price, the $10/month that I pay is a significant savings. For the amount that I use SiriusXm in the car, I am very comfortable paying the $10/month.

·
Registered
371 Posts
SCOTTRK . . . XM loves customers like you. I get emails and snail mails weekly offering it for $60 a year.
I have Am and FM, don't need XM.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I should have been more clear. The $10/month is roughly a third of the cost if you allow the auto-renew to kick in. Upon my last renewal date in January, they were going to start charging me $320/year. That's crazy. No one should be paying that, but many people do. So compared to the auto-renewal price, the $10/month that I pay is a significant savings. For the amount that I use SiriusXm in the car, I am very comfortable paying the $10/month.
Yes, very comfortable paying double of what you have to! Very smart for SirusXM.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
139 Posts
SCOTTRK . . . XM loves customers like you. I get emails and snail mails weekly offering it for $60 a year.
I have Am and FM, don't need XM.
The cost of a gourmet coffee a month and you'll listen to crappy AM/FM? Feel sorry for your ears, lol.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ha! Not sure why you guys are bagging on me here. Just trying to offer some helpful suggestions for people to lower their annual bill. If you can get it for lower, great! Not sure why we're grumbling over a few dollars per month. $5/month? $10/month? Doesn't make much difference to me. If that $5/month is enough to make you not subscribe, then that's your issue. As for me, I'm comfortable with the price for the product that I receive.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The cost of a gourmet coffee a month and you'll listen to crappy AM/FM? Feel sorry for your ears, lol.

Have a good day.
Have never been in a Starbucks. Never had Hagen Das and DO NOT drink bottled water.
"A fool and his money are soon parted." is just as true today as it was 100 years ago.
I'm on the OTHER side of Boomers. We ate what was on the table, drank what was in the glass and listened to whatever came out of the speakers. And we were damn glad to have any of it.
If I don't like what is on the radio, I turn it off. I don't need to have garbage pumped into my head every waking second.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been a SiriusXM customer for years, always on a pretty good deal. Then if a better deal comes along, I've never had an issue switching over to that, so I've actually been paying less as time goes by.

But if you don't like the service, you've always had to cancel by phone (and they'll try to keep you as a customer). If you want to avoid the phone call, for the time being you can cancel online. When things get back to "normal", that might not be an option then. cancel service

1 - 12 of 12 Posts