Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure I know the answer (unfortunately), but, does anyone know if there's a way to reach the higher channeled stations on SiriusXM using the head unit? Mine won't go higher than I think 220 something, but there are stations in the 300s that are part of my plan that I can't access.

·
0 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know the answer (unfortunately), but, does anyone know if there's a way to reach the higher channeled stations on SiriusXM using the head unit? Mine won't go higher than I think 220 something, but there are stations in the 300s that are part of my plan that I can't access.
If you go to SirusXM.com, and look at the channel lineup, you will see that the higher stations you are talking about are for Online Access Only.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I checked online prior to trying to tune to it in my radio. Just to be sure, I checked again now, and it is showing online only.... I think I've been bamboozled lol. I checked the listing like 4 times to make sure it didn't say online only. It had a green dot under the "Online" column when I was looking Friday, but didn't say "Online Only"

Anyway, that explains it. Thanks for making me wonder if I'm losing my mind lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Acutely, there are some newer SiriusXM Radios capable of playing these channels (Xtra Channels) in vehicles. My roommate, who has a Nissan Rogue, is able to listen to those channels in his vehicle. Unfortunately, the Rav4 doesn't have the new radio.

from the SiriusXM website:

"SiriusXM's Onyx Plus, Edge and Lynx satellite radios feature new technology that allows for even more bandwidth. More bandwidth means more channels, so that's why the Xtra channels are only available on the Edge and Lynx radios."

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah-ha! See! I wasn't crazy!

WTF SiriusXM! The dot is under the "Available Online" column. And you can see under that that it says "Online Only" for other stations.

Just had to set the record straight lol

Attachments

·
0 Posts
If you have SiriusXM "All Access", you can install the SiriusXM App on your phone and send the audio for those channels via Bluetooth out of the vehicle speakers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I've always got that as a workaround (doesn't require All Access - I have it with just Select+online streaming), but it'd be much mor epreferred if the tuner could simply receive it. Oh well. A lot of the stations I really liked that started out as online only eventually moved to the tuner, so hopefully that'll happen with this one too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts