Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my RAV since it was new. It was the best, most reliable vehicle on the road in 2004, that's why I bought it. I searched new vehicles for about 8 months before picking the RAV. It is a great vehicle, it has never let me down. But now it is getting older and there are some repairs needed and I have an issue with my valve cover, that is why I came here. I honestly do not plan on ever selling the RAV. I want to see how many miles I can get out of it. Maybe 300,000?

·
Registered
9,071 Posts
Which other repairs are needed? What is the issue with the valve cover - is it leaking?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted a thread in RAV4.2 Second Generation (2001-2005 Models) > 4.2 Faults & Fixes > 04 RAV4 valve cover erosion?
My valve cover has holes that formed in the spark plug ports. I tried to insert pictures, but I also gave a link to the pictures of the valve cover. Toyota says they have never seen anything like it. I'm just trying to figure out the cause of the holes.
Also trying to locate the cause of a P0442 dtc. It may be a bad gas cap. I just have not found anything definitive yet.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts