Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the rims that I had sitting around in the garage for awhile. I had all the parts that I needed for the install and finally got the time to get it to the tire shop.

These are used rims obtained from a Nissan Skyline R32. What appealed to me about these rims are that they are very similar to our RAVs wheels. The specs are:

16 X 6 1/2 (same as our RAVs)
bolt diameter is 5 X 114.3 (same as the RAV)
skyline rim offset is 40mm and RAVs is 45mm

The only difference is the center bore: Skyline is 66.06 mm vs. RAV 60.06 mm
That was corrected with the proper hubcentric rings.

Another thing that I liked about these rims are that they are forged. So they are much stronger than the factory cast RAV rims and a bit lighter too at 17 lbs. each.

Here's a few picts. of some R32 Skylines that have the rims that I have:

And here they are on my RAV:

I really like the look of these rims, especially since they look factory; I'm not into the bling factor! :lol:
And they perform very well, the handling is much improved with less unsprung weight being carried around. :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hope you have wheel locks for those. I envision people on Oahu trying to "tax" your rims from your Rav...if you do, what kind of security lugs you use and where to get them?

VERRY sexy look on the Rav, BTW. Great find.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Ryo, I am using some McGard wheel locks. They are very visible in that you can see the lock pattern from the head of the locking lug nut. I might get some Gorilla locking lug nuts, as I have heard that they are very tough to remove.

I am hoping that most people will not notice what type of rims they are from because Skylines are very rare in the U.S.. I haven't even seen one in person here in Hawaii. Also, they look very factory and hardly anything that would catch the eye of a thief. :roll: Here in Hawaii, most thieves go for the bling wheels or expensive forged aftermarket wheels. Plus, they also tend to steal the entire car to strip down for parts. Luckily there is not much of a used market for RAV parts that I am aware of. :lol:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks good, Derek! Those Skyline wheels look similar to the Bradley wheels found on 1996-2000 RAV4 L's.

I have Gorilla wheel locks on my RAV4. My 2004 Mazda3S sedan has McGard wheels locks (Mazda OEM wheel locks)...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments guys! :D

Phantomdog, yes they do look very similar to the Factory Bradley wheels that were offered on L model RAVs. However, these are forged and much stronger and lighter than the Bradleys; also I like the dished look that the Skyline's wheels have. I'll try to take a better picture so you guys know what I am talking about.

Sig, Yep you are correct about the Bimmer side markers. They are from a 3-series. I also like the clear Volks. side markers, but decided that the BMW's had a better fit to where I was going to locate them. Hey, let me know if you need any help installing them; I know of an awesome tool that can cut out the shape of the marker onto your fender. :wink:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sig228 said:
Derek said:
Hey, let me know if you need any help installing them; I know of an awesome tool that can cut out the shape of the marker onto your fender. :wink:
A nibbler?
Yup, right on!!!! Got mine's from Radio Shack and it is the perfect tool for extracting thin gauge sheet metal. Great answer! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts