Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So, as I was removing my mobile internet dongle out of the OBD-II port today, a few of the lights on the dash starting glitching and then went away -- except for one -- the slip control light. I can't get it to turn off for the life of me. I disconnected the battery for a few hours, which didn't work, and then I checked the fuse box where everything seemed to check out fine. I really have no clue what's going on. Any ideas? Thanks! 0

2012 Rav4 4-cyl

·
Super Moderator
10,149 Posts
The reason disconnecting the battery doesn't do anything is because non-CEL codes are stored in the Skid Control ECM not the engine one.
Check post 2 here
for resetting yours.
Short version:
Insert 4-13 jumper.
Turn ignition on. (Ignore the light show.)
Tap the brake pedal 8 times.
Turn ignition off.
Remove jumper.
Turn ignition back on.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,731 Posts
Baylor, when you removed that dongle was the engine running? If so, don't do that again, make sure the key is off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch for your input. I completed the jumper approach, but shortly after putting it into gear, the light came back on. Turns out that pulling the dongle out while the engine was running screwed up the yaw calibration settings. Thus, a diagnostic fee ($104) and a "free" calibration, lol. You live and learn, sigh.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly how I screwed up the yaw settings. A $100-ish bucks later, back to normal. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of curiosity, can Auto Zone or one of the chain automotive stores that offer free diagnostics calibrate yaw settings? I'm assuming not, but if they do, it'd certainly save me (and perhaps others) a Benjamin or two.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Out of curiosity, can Auto Zone or one of the chain automotive stores that offer free diagnostics calibrate yaw settings? I'm assuming not, but if they do, it'd certainly save me (and perhaps others) a Benjamin or two.
I don't know, but if I had to guess, I'd say no, they wouldn't.

·
Super Moderator
10,149 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts