Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that on steep hills when taking your foot off the brake you tend to go back a bit while going for the gas pedal?
I never had this experience with my 4.2 RAV for the 3 years we had it, it seems more when the revs are down maybe....... I dunno :roll:
Could be dangerous at lights!

·
Registered
28 Posts
To best of my recollection every Toyota I've owned has done this (1 Matrix, 1 RAV, 2 Tercels, 2 Corollas, 3 Camrys). It's the only time I place my left foot on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Maybe with extreme steep hills but with mine I don't notice it. I have had vehicles over the years that were bad for this, the RAV in general seems good when it comes to this.

M.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think the "Hill Start Assist: that comes with the 4 cylinder RAV4's that have the third row seat and the RAV4's that come with 6 cylinder address this (see flyingn's post). I haven't owneda Toyota yet, so I don't have experience with them.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I drive in San Francisco pretty often and I use the parking brake for it, because I'm used to a manual gearbox. My RAV4 is I-4, and it does have the Hill Start Assist. It works just like they describe it in the manual, holding for a couple of seconds. Seems to work on all hills. My wife's Galant rolls back on anything more than 5 degrees, so it's not just Toyota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts